I was thinking that maybe there should be a morale bonus for having a variety of foods to eat. I know I get a bit grumpy when I don't have some options on what I eat and, as it is now, there is no real reason not to mass-produce one type of food and call it good. If you have the duplicants try to eat different foods each day and give a morale bonus. For instance, if they eat two different foods in two days, they get a +1 morale. If they eat different types of foods each day for 4 days, they get +2, and if they eat different foods for 7 days, they hit the cap at +3. At that point, they would keep going until they run out of new food and will start again. The morale wouldn't reset at that point because it procs on the day it would be given. So, if you have a +3 morale from food, you would keep it until the dupe can't eat 7 different foods at which case it would drop to the morale bonus that it qualifies for. Let me know what you think.

There was an idea not so long ago for a food dispenser machine or a new tier of mess tables. It would hold different types of food and compose a meal out of it giving a bonus if 2 or more food types was used. It would be late tier and held in sterile atmosphere so stuff wouldn`t spoil in there (if it was a special table).

Archived