Failed to start server after console commands

I've been playing on a server for a while with my friends and I may have broken it.

We wanted to change it to not have Depth Worm attacks (despite being 300 days in) so I followed a few guides on how to disable them and it didn't seem to work. Then I tried again and it didn't work. Then I tried again and it seems that I may have broken the server. The steps I took to change it are as follows.

Changing saveindex under client_save. Found my world, changed the values of "wormattacks" to none

changed leveldataoverride under cluster_4 (the correct slot) "wormattacks" to none

Changing cluster_4/caves/... saveindex "wormattacks" to none. 

These didn't seem to work. Worms still came. They slaughtered us all again.

So I tried console commands next. I followed this guide among other guides to do it. Except I tuned it for Caves and Wormattacks. I tried

TheWorld.topology.overrides.wormattacks = "none"
and

TheCaves.topology.overrides.wormattacks = "none"

and I think that is it for console commands from what I can remember. I remember trying them last night and then restarting the server and it wouldn't start back up. I tried replacing the cluster_4 with a back up and that didn't fix it either. Not sure what I did. I would really like my world back at the bare minimum. Getting rid of worm attacks would help too.

Here is my server_log.txt from Don'tStarveWhatever/Cluster_4/Caves 

Also I'm going to attach my leveldataoverride. 

If any additional files are necessary I would be happy to provide. I've seen some great response from the community and the developers along on these forums and thought it would be the best place to fix this. Any help saving my world and getting back and/or getting rid of wormattacks (I guess that requires getting my world back first) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all!

I am seeing an error in the log files claiming that I set the values of wormattacks to "none" instead of "never" and now it fails to start. I think that's the cause. How do I fix that?

server_log.txt cave

server_log.txt Master

leveldataoverride.lua caves

Other than rolling back far enough to before you enterd those commands I have no idea how you could properly fix it, since you have to start the server in the fist place to change said value.
(And editing the files usually just breaks things even more.)

For future reference, the correct way of disabling depthworms would be first doing a Backup before doing anything else, and afterwards entering the following command from the caves:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.wormattacks = "never"

(Either entering the command as an admin while being in the caves, or entering it straight from the caves command line.)

Afterwards restart the caves shard.

17 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Other than rolling back far enough to before you enterd those commands I have no idea how you could properly fix it, since you have to start the server in the fist place to change said value.
(And editing the files usually just breaks things even more.

So I hate to admit it was that simple of a fix but it did work. What I ended up doing was reloading my backups, replacing any files that got changed that weren't fixed by the backups, then rolling back the world to before the edits occurred. Simple.... except not at all. But it did work and thank you for that!

17 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

(Either entering the command as an admin while being in the caves, or entering it straight from the caves command line.)

Afterwards restart the caves shard.

Can you explain this part? Do you mean to just open console commands while in the cave and send the command? Also should it be done on remote or local?

Finally, what does it mean to restart the caves shard? Does that mean just restart the server or what?

Thanks for the help, I think you just might have saved 358 days of gameplay!

5 hours ago, ostomesto said:

Do you mean to just open console commands while in the cave and send the command?

As simple as it might seem, that is exactly correct. :D

Also should it be done on remote or local?

Remote:

Finally, what does it mean to restart the caves shard? Does that mean just restart the server or what?

Since a DST dedicated server technicially consists of 2 "sub servers" called shards, which both run one individual world (Overworld and Caves), you only need to restart the caves shard. It depends on how you launch your server, if you can restart an individual shard, or only all shards together.

That considered restarting the entire Server works just as well. Doesn't really matter. :D

On 7/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, Daniel86268 said:

As simple as it might seem, that is exactly correct. :D

Remote:

Since a DST dedicated server technicially consists of 2 "sub servers" called shards, which both run one individual world (Overworld and Caves), you only need to restart the caves shard. It depends on how you launch your server, if you can restart an individual shard, or only all shards together.

That considered restarting the entire Server works just as well. Doesn't really matter. :D

So I tired this and it did not work. I loaded the server. I was in the caves. I sent the command on remote (and local by accident). Closed the server. Reopened it. A few minutes later they spawned.

When I opened the console after restarting the server it did not show their setting being changed to "never" in the overrides so idk if that means it failed.

Wait no maybe it did work. I tried again (after editing files too, you think I would have learned by now) and restarted the entire game as well. 

Here's hoping.

Archived