Help with custom weapon

Hello again, dear community.

This time I need help with adding custom weapon

I tried following tutorial, looking into other mods, reading logs and trying to figure it out by myself, but I still can't understand how to do this.
maybe it's because of my poor English knowledge or I'm just really stupid person trying to do something too big but dunno.

So:

I, my bf and our friend are trying to add 3 characters  (I'm 100% sure I will make more posts about these three)
We wanted to give one of them thing close to him - a baseball bat.

Can someone help me with it?

I know it looks I don't know how to do it - It's because I really don't know how to do it.

I just want to make it appear in the game but it keeps crashing.

baseball_bat.rar

Your "exported" folder looks weird. It looks like two attempts to make the same thing have been mevcrged. Try starting over with your Spriter project. Here's a great Spriter tutorial (although she is using the pro version of the program, you should still be able to learn a lot from it). Here's a great starting point for newcomers, which tells you how to debug your mod, among other very useful things.

Other than that, there are some others things wrong.

Your modinfo.lua is set up for DS, and not very well :) Here's a rundown of what each thing in modinfo.lua does, so you can find out which ones you need.

Your "assets" are set up correctly in your baseball_bat.lua, but I think you're using the wrong override symbol. This can be confusing, and I'm not even entirely sure how that part works yet, so I'm sure other people will come along and help with that :)

It isn't generating your anim-files, which leads me to believe that you haven't installed the Don't Starve Mod Tools (they include a free version of Spriter, which you should use to create your animations). Open Steam, hover your mouse over "Libraries" at the top, and click "TOOLS" in the dropdown list. Find "Don't Starve Mod Tools" in the list, and install them. Now whenever you start the game, it'll look at your mods folder, and see if any mods have things it can automatically generate, like taking the "exported" folder and making it into animation files to put in an adjacent "anim" folder, or PNG files which it can convert into TEX files.

When all of the above is fixed, you also need to add a weapon component to the item, but that's easy, and you can just look at the original game files for reference. Get the above sorted out first.

On 17.07.2019 at 9:53 PM, Ultroman said:

Your "exported" folder looks weird. It looks like two attempts to make the same thing have been mevcrged. Try starting over with your Spriter project. Here's a great Spriter tutorial (although she is using the pro version of the program, you should still be able to learn a lot from it). Here's a great starting point for newcomers, which tells you how to debug your mod, among other very useful things.

Other than that, there are some others things wrong.

Your modinfo.lua is set up for DS, and not very well :) Here's a rundown of what each thing in modinfo.lua does, so you can find out which ones you need.

Your "assets" are set up correctly in your baseball_bat.lua, but I think you're using the wrong override symbol. This can be confusing, and I'm not even entirely sure how that part works yet, so I'm sure other people will come along and help with that :)

It isn't generating your anim-files, which leads me to believe that you haven't installed the Don't Starve Mod Tools (they include a free version of Spriter, which you should use to create your animations). Open Steam, hover your mouse over "Libraries" at the top, and click "TOOLS" in the dropdown list. Find "Don't Starve Mod Tools" in the list, and install them. Now whenever you start the game, it'll look at your mods folder, and see if any mods have things it can automatically generate, like taking the "exported" folder and making it into animation files to put in an adjacent "anim" folder, or PNG files which it can convert into TEX files.

When all of the above is fixed, you also need to add a weapon component to the item, but that's easy, and you can just look at the original game files for reference. Get the above sorted out first.

Hey again.
Firstly - I do have DSMT. I've downloaded what tutorial wanted.

I've tried to fix everything I could - I've looked into other weapons both original and fanmade.
I think I've fixed almost everything (or at least what I've understood)

But there's another problem - Autocompiler is showing some error and it doesn't want to create any rar - not only here, but also with my other mod adding pills (healing item). Am I doing something wrong with Spriter? 

baseball_bat.rar

Bez tytułu.png

5 hours ago, Enderia said:

But there's another problem - Autocompiler is showing some error and it doesn't want to create any rar - not only here, but also with my other mod adding pills (healing item). Am I doing something wrong with Spriter? 

baseball_bat.rar

Bez tytułu.png

Your missing some images in your spriter file. Either you renamed some .pngs or deleted them. To resolve the issue open your .scml in a text editor such as notepad++. You'll see a code format similar to .xml you can then rename the folder structure and paths used by the symbols to your new designs.

• Like 1