The Lack of Thimble Reed on the New Arboria Map

Is it just be or is there just no thimble reed on this new map gen, is it just that they neglected adding it in another biome or is the work gen just messed up and slime biomes arnt spawning? Did they change the recipe for Exo-suits or something else because its impossible to get that far from your starting location and working with extreme temperatures. Either i just neglected change logs or is this just and oversight or am i missing something?

I believe the lack of thimble reed is intentional for Arboria as an added challenge. You will need to farm drekos for the fiber to make suits.

Kind of a bummer that the thimble reed doesn't spawn out of the printer pod.

You say that like farming dreckos is hard or something. I decided on making dreckos my primary source of fiber a long long time ago after doing a basic cost benefit analysis.

Reeds: Cost a lot of water. Only output is fiber though it is reliably quick at producing fiber.

Dreckos: Slower fiber production. No resource upkeep cost after the initial set up but there is some dupe labor cost. Initial set up is a little bit challenging but not terrible. Produces phosphorite and eggs/meat in addition to fiber. Phosphorite and food output justifies labor cost by my calculation.

Sure reeds consume a lot of water, but if you have huge excess p-water its no problem to grow them. Once i had that much p-water i grew tons over tons of reeds, and had no real use afterwards. Even after replacing every useful location with insulation, i had excess of reeds.

Archived