[Mod] Variety Hour - Terra with all the biomes

A quick and dirty worldgen mod for those who want to play an asteroid with most of the new content, without lacking for the old.

It's similar to Terra, but with all the new biomes (Forest, Ocean & Rust) mixed in among the slime, caustic and frozen biomes. For maximum variety, it also adds a selection of the more extreme biomes in the distance, as well as mixing some forest cells into the starting area.

The mod should be fairly well balanced at this point. You'll have a wider variety of resources available on the map, but forests that spawn outside the starting area will have warm temperatures (same as slime biome), and the starting zone itself will have veins of granite mixed in between the forest and sandstone, making it harder to traverse. Additionally, some of the more extreme biomes will potentially make the edges of the map quite treacherous.

I've attached a default World Size version as well as a x1.5 sized version, for those brave or foolish enough to think their computers can handle it.

To install, first Opt into the Launch Beta branch (Steam > right click Oxygen Not Included > Properties > BETAS > launch_testing), then simply copy either one of the attached *.yaml files (depending on which world size you want) into \Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\worlds

HDWDXik.png

VS66GBn.jpg

7dQQMuM.jpg

Original Version:

Spoiler

VNdOdLo.jpg

eN5MCwl.png

Another Example:

Spoiler

bQVmbjM.png

IU4Etc9.png

VarietyHourx15.yaml

VarietyHour.yaml

On 7/3/2019 at 5:31 AM, QuQuasar said:

for those brave or foolish enough to think their computers can handle it.

Challenge accepted. I am already playing in a 2x map!

Though i'll wait for the release, because the logging chokes my pc to death.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:31 PM, QuQuasar said:

I've attached a default World Size version as well as a x1.5 sized version, for those brave or foolish enough to think their computers can handle it.

Somebody talked about low framerate recently and asked for smaller maps. If you can make those, then do so and make a number of people happy.

Archived