Various Balance Issues/Concerns

On 7/3/2019 at 1:06 PM, Troxism said:

Edit: Having said that, I don't think they changed output temp of trees themselves, so using the 20C lumber on conveyors is still a decent way to cool your base. Probably should be bumped to like 35C.

35 C lumber drops makes no sense and would mean that you're punished for preserving natural forests as they would inevitably heat up to temperatures near that of the caustic biome; it would make much more sense for lumber to drop at the tree's temperature, although that brings with it the trouble that you can just cool down the tree a bunch.

Ultimately, I think that consumed inputs should instantly add heat to what consumes them (your hatch ate near-molten igneous rock? Guess it's more of a splotch now), outputs should subtract heat, and inputs should be within a reasonable deviation from outputs in terms of mass so that you can't really abuse things.

3 hours ago, Nebbie said:

35 C lumber drops makes no sense and would mean that you're punished for preserving natural forests as they would inevitably heat up to temperatures near that of the caustic biome; it would make much more sense for lumber to drop at the tree's temperature, although that brings with it the trouble that you can just cool down the tree a bunch.

That problem exists elsewhere too. Sleet Wheat, for example, heats up the ice-biome when seeds drop. The effect is relatively small, but I have lost plants due to it, for example p-ice tiles that were close to melting. I think plants should drop their product at their body temperature.

Archived