Replace starting biome

• Developer

The updated worldgen now has fully parameterized the starting biome (though that biome itself needs a couple key tags to work best...)

Check out worlds/SandstoneDefault.yaml, there is a parameter there related to the start subworld. You can duplicate that file and try chucking your own there, as a starting point. :)

5 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

I would have one question: Will you add settings for mods and a seperated area in the game generation - difficulty screen anytime soon? Maybe something you can collapse for each mod

I'm not sure a screen, which is only available at game creation is the way to go. What if it is something you want to be able to modify during the game? What if it is a setting for a mod, which is was added to an existing savegame rather than a new game?

Also we need a proper place for modding requests/feedback. Right now it drowns in gameplay requests and just starting threads in the modding subforum doesn't seem like a nice approach either. Perhaps a subforum dedicated to the purpose. Also perhaps it would be good to add "modding" to bugtracker categories.

I have multiple ideas I want to provide as feedback, but I would prefer a more organized way of doing that, both for writing and reading. Also right now I'm holding off while waiting for the modding documentation. There is no need to request something you already added, but haven't documented yet.

1 hour ago, Nightinggale said:

Also right now I'm holding off while waiting for the modding documentation.

Me too but i highly doubt oni will get any kind of scripting support like the lua support i consider to implement so thats not rally a big blocker. But it would be cool to see tutorials if there are new features for modintegration.

Also we need a proper place for modding requests/feedback. Right now it drowns in gameplay requests and just starting threads in the modding subforum doesn't seem like a nice approach either. Perhaps a subforum dedicated to the purpose. Also perhaps it would be good to add "modding" to bugtracker categories.

I had this idea long ago and javisar did offer his github repository for that purpose: https://github.com/javisar/ONI-Modloader/issues

It is not widely used however.

I'm not sure a screen, which is only available at game creation is the way to go.

No ofcourse i dont mean only one screen at game creation, i use the gamecreation screen now for mapsettings and i would like to make it more orderly.

Archived