Bee Boxes in the Ruins?

A few days ago, I finally managed to muster up the courage to make a permanent base in the Ruins. I have everything I need set up down there (Tall Grass, Weevoles, Nettles, Coffee, Elephant Cacti, Trees, Saplings, Bamboo, Ice Makers, Rock Lobsters, Lamp Posts, Bunnymen, Beefalo, Dragoons, etc.) but the one thing that I can't figure out is how to produce Honey (efficiently). Is there any way that I can make bees come out of the boxes in the Ruins?

From the wiki page:

"Even though Caves have their own day and night cycle and are in a permanent summer, Bee Boxes built underground will not spawn Bees. This is true even if the Box is built in a place where natural light can be found. The same applies to the Ruins since it is considered a permanent night there. However, if the Boxes are far enough from the player, the simplified model of Honey production will take over and Honey will be produced at a rate of 1 per day, in both Caves and Ruins. If the Bee Box is then harvested, the bees will emerge and engage the player. When they disengage, they will behave, as on the surface, according to the time of day (i.e. stay out and visit flowers or return to the box)."

Also how did you bring Beefalo into the ruins???

1 hour ago, pe5e said:

Also how did you bring Beefalo into the ruins???

You can either ride one, or you can use the Beefalo Horn.

Also, bee boxes DO work in the caves if you have RoG. It is also NOT permanent summer in RoG. I was just wondering if there was a way to make them work in the Ruins...

10 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

You can either ride one, or you can use the Beefalo Horn.

I thought the horn doesnt work when you got between layers and that you dismount the beefalo when you enter a cave but maybe I am wrong?! I havent gone into beefalo domestication too much.

10 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Also, bee boxes DO work in the caves if you have RoG. It is also NOT permanent summer in RoG. I was just wondering if there was a way to make them work in the Ruins...

I dont know how current the wiki page is on this, but you could try the method above and see if it still works.

Archived