Jump to content

Mod: Endpoint - escape the asteroid


Recommended Posts

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1771404502

This mod gives you the option to send duplicants on a one-way trip to a habitable world. You can rescue your entire colony this way, which adds a victory condition that doesn't exist in the base game. As a bonus, future iterations of the duplicants you rescue get +1 to all stats.

I'm interested in feedback about the difficulty and rewards of the mod.

Challenge: how quickly can you rescue an entire colony?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rlane said:

...a victory condition that doesn't exist in the base game.

6 hours ago, rlane said:

Challenge: how quickly can you rescue an entire colony?


I'm a little curious how exactly this works... What exactly triggers the "Victory condition"..? and... what defines "rescuing" the entire colony? The dupes continuously print out.. so..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ScreenNameMissing said:

I'm a little curious how exactly this works... What exactly triggers the "Victory condition"..? and... what defines "rescuing" the entire colony? The dupes continuously print out.. so..

The printing pod stops working when the game over condition is reached. This is defined is the base game as "no living duplicants", which doesn't include duplicants in rockets (who are in "storage"). This mod tweaks the game over condition to count both living and stored duplicants. It also changes the game over text to be ambiguous about whether you won or lost. You know if you won or not.

For the purpose of the challenge, I'll define winning as "hit game over with no deaths". Otherwise you could launch one duplicant in a Command Module and turn off the O2 for those left behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rlane said:

For the purpose of the challenge, I'll define winning as "hit game over with no deaths". Otherwise you could launch one duplicant in a Command Module and turn off the O2 for those left behind.

Challenge accepted! xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2019 at 2:57 AM, rlane said:

I'm interested in feedback about the difficulty and rewards of the mod.

Challenge: how quickly can you rescue an entire colony?

hello, i really like the sound of your mod.

Would you mind to extend it a little:

Imagine the goal planet is so far away you cannot reach it with any rocket, you have to approach it gradually, you need to search the nearest less hospitable planet or rock build a new base there and send a rocket to again a closer planet or rock until you finally are close enough to directly fly there.

There should be multiple planets or rocks to choose from.

On every new rock you would start on a special map depending on what planet you chose with a fresh colony.

I think there is little in terms of mapping going on but it should be possible still to simulate special maps with mods already there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...