Jump to content

Interesting Problem When Starting DST


Recommended Posts

I have seen this problem on a number of other steam threads but all of the solutions listed either I cannot do, or I have done and simply do not work.

The problem occurs whenever I try to start the game. I click play, it takes about 2 seconds until a screen comes up, then about 5 seconds later, it closes and crashes. Now, I've seen a few other people with this same problem, but whats interesting is that the game worked *perfectly* when I was attempting to playtest the game during its free weekend, however, when I purchased the game because it was interesting, it crapped itself and refused to function.

Here are a number of things I have done to try and fix the issue:
-Verify Cache.
-Re-install.
-Run game as administrator.
-Spend 30 minutes inside of the Nvidia control panel making sure the game is, in fact, using my graphics card to run.
-Re-install / repair some files inside of /bin in the local steam files.
-Troubleshoot the game into thinking that I am using windows 7, 8, and XP. None of them worked.
-Someone suggested using the Intel integrated graphics to run the game instead, however, I do not have any integrated drivers on my PC, the only drivers I have are some Nvidia GTX-1060 6gb drivers.

I can guarantee that I do have a GPU and CPU necessary to run the game, as I was able to run the game well during a free weekend, but it is unusual that it would just refuse to work right after I buy it. 
Can anyone assist me with this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My refund was just rejected by steam for having more than two hours in the game, even though all of my time in the game was spent while using the free version over the weekend. Helping me solve this issue would be much appreciated, as no one wants a broken game in their library that they cant even refund anymore. 
(Just if you didn't know, about a week or two ago, DST was free and you could try it out for about two day to see if you wanted to buy it, all of my hours on the game were spent during this free trial period)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this works maybe you have tried it.

Remove all DST files manually. Might be good to place in a folder.  Then reinstall the game.

 

If it doesnt work try to run the game by using a run file from folder instead of steam(I have to do this with Hammer(Source SDK))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Condenced said:

My refund was just rejected by steam for having more than two hours in the game, even though all of my time in the game was spent while using the free version over the weekend. Helping me solve this issue would be much appreciated, as no one wants a broken game in their library that they cant even refund anymore. 
(Just if you didn't know, about a week or two ago, DST was free and you could try it out for about two day to see if you wanted to buy it, all of my hours on the game were spent during this free trial period)

no idea in which country you are BUT...

first of all the 2 hours refund is illegal. you can refund like the laws in your country. and steam knows that and tahts why steam also says in rare accasions we refund also if you have played more then 2h. and in this cases you dont have to say your reason why you want to refund it. its illegal to ask for the reason like steam does.

 

next thing is they cant count the time you have played on the free version. they are only allowed to count the time after you bought the game.

 

3. if the game is broken for you and the steam support and klei support cant fix it then you get your money back. there is no chance you dont get your money back.

 

you have to write to steam support you know the laws and you want your money back. they will do that. ive had lots of these problems and i always got my money back. they OFTEN SAY FIRST NO. but thats just to scare you. but they cant scare me so i get my money back. even if its 2 years ago when i bought it.

 

you can give me your account and i write to steam support and you will have your money tomorrow xxxD jk

if they still say no then make a screenshot of your conversation and give it to a lawyer if you have a free one. but normally that wont happen. they always say sorry and give me my money back after i got angry ;)

 

for example ive played a game on apple and ive exploid a bug and my account got banned. i told the devs to restore my account or to give me all my purchases back which are more then 1 year ago. they laughed and said no. i told this apple and told apple they HAVE TO give me all my money back. apple said sry and gave me my money back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BeliarBAD said:

no idea in which country you are BUT...

first of all the 2 hours refund is illegal. you can refund like the laws in your country. and steam knows that and tahts why steam also says in rare accasions we refund also if you have played more then 2h. and in this cases you dont have to say your reason why you want to refund it. its illegal to ask for the reason like steam does.

 

next thing is they cant count the time you have played on the free version. they are only allowed to count the time after you bought the game.

 

I am pretty sure it is legal for them to count how many hours you have played on Steam games, they do it all the time. I have seen several times the number of hours others have played.

I am also sure it is not illegal for Valve to ask why you want to refund the game. There is a good reason why 2 hours is a limit and not, lets say 5 or 10 hours. 

1 minute ago, BeliarBAD said:

3. if the game is broken for you and the steam support and klei support cant fix it then you get your money back. there is no chance you dont get your money back.

 

you have to write to steam support you know the laws and you want your money back. they will do that. ive had lots of these problems and i always got my money back. they OFTEN SAY FIRST NO. but thats just to scare you. but they cant scare me so i get my money back. even if its 2 years ago when i bought it.

 

I think there is a small chance he wont get his money back(from Valve), I would guess it is a higher chance by asking Klei but idk how one would do that.

 

 

@Condenced I hope you either get a refund or that you will be able to play the game soon.

You can try http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

I am pretty sure it is legal for them to count how many hours you have played on Steam games, they do it all the time. I have seen several times the number of hours others have played.

I am also sure it is not illegal for Valve to ask why you want to refund the game. There is a good reason why 2 hours is a limit and not, lets say 5 or 10 hours. 

i dint say its illegal to count the time. but you cant count the time which he played the game in the free version. that has nothing to do with his purchase. in this moment he bought the game he and the seller made a contract. and this contract has to respect the laws of the country. the free version he played has nothing to do with his purchase.

its not illegal to ask for valve but you dont have to give a reason. so its immoral what valve does. cause people think they have to answer.

what is the good reason for the 2 h limit? EVRYTHING you buy you have 2 YEARS right to refund. these 2h limit is the most immoral thing of the world. its soooo damn illegal. they lie in your face. the limit is 2 years (the country i live) and not 2h

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because in 2 hours you can explore a lot in the game and get a feeling if you like it or not and some games can be done in less than 2 hours, ofc most probabably is a lot more.

And I would say that even if you play on a free version there is still a contract between the player and the seller.

The right to refund something might depend on what it is.

There is in my country if I am not mistaken a difference in refund between buying something online and buying something from a store.

Also one thing to be careful about is that something can be morally good and illegal or be morally bad and legal. Just want to point that out.

But now it is getting a bit offtopic. 

Knowing what the law and telling Valve/Klei you can't play the game now as BeliarBad says should be able to help you.

I have heard deleting mods could work. 

I sadly can not give anymore advice. Someone else might know a fix.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...