Simple Tuning Mod (need help)

If you search for HURRICANE_HAIL_DAMAGE in the game code, you can see that it is only used for dealing damage to player characters, and even that part has been commented out, so HURRICANE_HAIL_DAMAGE currently does nothing. You need to figure out where the damage to the walls is being applied, in order to figure out which variable or function to change.

I can't find the exact place in the code where this happens. I did see that walls can be destroyed by blowing winds, though.

Hey thanks very much for your reply. Yeah it’s the blowing winds not the hail, you’re right. I was confused because I read an old thread about hail. I forgot to comment that I figured it out: It’s in walls.lua. Only Wood Walls and Hay Walls are affected. I just changed "windblown_damage=0", but you can probably just delete the whole windblown stuff, didn’t try that yet.

{name = "wood", tags={"wood"}, loot = "log", maxloots = 2, maxhealth=TUNING.WOODWALL_HEALTH, flammable = true, buildsound="dontstarve/common/place_structure_wood", destroysound="dontstarve/common/destroy_wood", windblown_speed=TUNING.WALLWOOD_WINDBLOWN_SPEED, windblown_fall_chance=TUNING.WALLWOOD_WINDBLOWN_DAMAGE_CHANCE, windblown_damage=0},
{name = "hay", tags={"grass"}, loot = "cutgrass", maxloots = 2, maxhealth=TUNING.HAYWALL_HEALTH, flammable = true, buildsound="dontstarve/common/place_structure_straw", destroysound="dontstarve/common/destroy_straw", windblown_speed=TUNING.WALLHAY_WINDBLOWN_SPEED, windblown_fall_chance=TUNING.WALLHAY_WINDBLOWN_DAMAGE_CHANCE, windblown_damage=0},

Archived