Not so noob, needs help!

hello ladies and gents. i am in need of help! i stopped playing the game briefly after the spoilage update and now i have come back to see the development status. all this insanity stuff and winter and kaeolophants and kitting pigs !! i used to before get comfortably into day 60-80 and even then i would only die because i would get bored of life and do crazy stuff. but now its a completely different story ..... i have had a few play through and here is how they went....1- so i started like i would normally do scout around by day 4 i decided to settle between beefalo and stones, but there was a spider den nearby, i put my trusty axe to the work and bam! warior spider comes at me and im gone *dead*2- so i learn and now i avoid spiders until i have spear, comes day 6 im out exploring just killed spider den, 2 hounds come at me i am about 75% hp i only have spear to defend my self, put down meat and the hounds ignore straight for me, i put up a fight killed 1 got 1 or 2 hits on the second one but he got me *dead*3-so i learn, must have log-suit and spear by day 6, and so i do, this time i face the 2 hounds no problem, i set up little base, got 3 turbo farms going, all the research buildings, crok pot, come day 11 more hounds this time 5 of them vs 1 of me, i got spear ,armour plus full hp, i figh, i hit i kite, they chomp they bite, conclussion me *dead* only managed to kill 3. 4-so i learn , must have a better strategy. come day 10, 4 hounds come at me, kited and dodged and attacked, my trusty spear and Armour hold true i win. so i think ok now hounds wont come until day 18ish, wrong .... they come at me day 15, 6 of them this time i try to outwit them by sacrificing my perfect little pine wood that i had planted, 2/3 burned, i try to get some fire damage on them, but i only managed to take down 1 to the fires but now my HP is down to 50%ish there is now way i am gonna win, but i am not gonna go down without a fight, but im *dead* in the end.5- so i learn, must have spear, armour and football helmet, i sail though the first 8 days, had little problem with day 6 hounds, but i prevailed, still need pig skin for helmet, managed to find 3 pig houses in the woods, go after the pigs, the kite me , i am down on HP, i panic, i run, soon its gonna be night..... oh-ho its full moon, now i have 3 werepigs after me. *dead* i need some advice guys how do i face the threat that are the hounds now ? they are so much powerful, they don't get distracted by meat no more as-well. i want to get to winter and freeze to death .... but i haven't even managed to get past half of the summer. insanity too, i am always at 190-200 insanity, just by picking flowers up, wearing flower circlet and eating rabbit morsels, is this right ? do you ever loose sanity ? even when i went in the wormhole and back i was able to get my sanity back in 2/3 days .....

In the early days, pig villages are very helpful. Just remember, if an uncontrollable amount of hounds come at night, just run around your camp fire at night eating quickly and wait till day to run to a pig village. Near end day games though, bee mines are so SO SO helpful, cheap to make, and if Klei nerfs those too, I'm so screwed xP

i just stand there and stun lock them the first time they come. if i have a spear then i kill it right as hound 2 is coming on screen. repeat on hound 2. but no clue what to do after that cuz more hounds come...

I just set up my camp at a walking distance away from a beefalo herd, so if the hounds are approaching you can just make your way over there so the hounds attack the beefalo instead of you.

ok, thanks for the advice guys. i will try those techniques. but what if you far away from everything, do you just have to continue running ?

Well to tell ya the truth, ever since they made hounds harder, I always set up base near a pig village near the first few days of exploring and trying to find one. If you made a base and already got somewhat far into the days, then you could possibily move your base then....