elegants drop chances

there was information about drop chances, all i remember is 2.3% for elegants

so i have a question: is that chances for every user or for a whole community?

looks like my friend have kinda higher chances then me, some of then even have 2 per week (was ocasion)

35 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I can't imagine it being based on the playerbase as a whole. It would be difficult to implement in a way that stays consistent with a fluctuating playerbase, and offers no real benefit. Your friend just got lucky is all.

i see topic on forge where someone open more then 100 chests and have no elegants

i hope elegant statistic will be for every player, not for whole community after update, but looks like not

do u fill on 2.3% of global stats?

The problem with rng is, well, it's random (to a degree). You could end up with people who get above the expected drop chances, and you can get people who land under it.

Now I could certainly be wrong, but I highly doubt it's based on global playerbase. It would require significantly more complex code with no real payoff. It would need to keep track of how many players there are. But not everyone is playing the game weekly, so it would need to take into account the active playerbase. Otherwise drop rates would just get worse and worse the longer the game exists. Active players are going to fluctuate a lot, and as a result so are drop chances. And it just kinda becomes a hot mess from there. Or, you could just, you know, roll a number each time a drop is issued, and give an item based on the number. It's a lot simpler and a heck of a lot less convoluted.

41 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The problem with rng is, well, it's random (to a degree). You could end up with people who get above the expected drop chances, and you can get people who land under it.

Now I could certainly be wrong, but I highly doubt it's based on global playerbase. It would require significantly more complex code with no real payoff. It would need to keep track of how many players there are. But not everyone is playing the game weekly, so it would need to take into account the active playerbase. Otherwise drop rates would just get worse and worse the longer the game exists. Active players are going to fluctuate a lot, and as a result so are drop chances. And it just kinda becomes a hot mess from there. Or, you could just, you know, roll a number each time a drop is issued, and give an item based on the number. It's a lot simpler and a heck of a lot less convoluted.

as i understand daily drops generates during log in (not even after opening present)

and same must be happening during gameplay, computer just send my data and server return it with gift

if generating will be local - cheaters will drop elegant prises to zero

10 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

if generating will be local - cheaters will drop elegant prises to zero

Well of course the drops aren't generated locally. I'm just saying that each time you get a drop, there's a 2.3% chance that you, as an individual, would get an elegant. Not 2.3% of the playerbase only get elegants.

Archived