What drives you to play single-player if DST is newer?

Owlrust

I won't dabble too much in this nonsense but DO keep in mind that:

- Klei separated both games because they didn't wanna disrupt game balance for those who played SP (since a lot of things like fire are really different, nevermind some characters).

-they designed SW and HAM in such a way that the singleplayer community could have more stuff like classic DS; a pretty harsh game balanced in such a way that a singleplayer could feel as a part of a breathing-living world. They didn't make HAM for dst because it was never meant for it. They made it oriented to singleplayer, just like the original DS. 

But apparently that's wrong, because we have a community of whiny fellas that don't really understand how much they actually get because they feel some things must be a certain, specific way. 

Gee, some of you guys make me feel like I'm in some sort of manchild kindergarten. Only thing this is missing is the completely ridiculous "Warbucks best char" resurrection  plea.

I'm sure I'd have a blast with DST if I had a couple of friends playing the game too. I've tried with randos and I had hard time caring about anything happening in the game.  And playing DST solo doesn't make sense, DS is much better balanced for a solo experience.

Chill out guys, no need to get pissed off for no reason

You misunderstood what Crimson Chin meant, what he means is that they shouldn't split the game in two like that from the beginning, when they went for Don't Starve Together instead of focusing solely on multiplayer and creating two separate versions, one for single player and one for multi player, they could of just updated/tweaked/balanced Don't Starve to work for both, thus having only one game version, so klei could focus only on one game instead of two, that way the community wouldn't be divided and the game would have more content than both versions have now together.

I agree with him on this one

21 hours ago, Deprecious said:

Chill out guys, no need to get pissed off for no reason

You misunderstood what Crimson Chin meant, what he means is that they shouldn't split the game in two like that from the beginning, when they went for Don't Starve Together instead of focusing solely on multiplayer and creating two separate versions, one for single player and one for multi player, they could of just updated/tweaked/balanced Don't Starve to work for both, thus having only one game version, so klei could focus only on one game instead of two, that way the community wouldn't be divided and the game would have more content than both versions have now together.

I agree with him on this one

Well man, as in how it is now, they'd have to rebalance a lot of stuff to make the game like that. But it's all already done, and it's not worth it to cry over spilled milk.

Archived