Mod request : correct Water Sieve.

Need a mod to change the properties of Water Sieve. You must change the output value to the following:
Water - 4800 grams. (instead of 5000 grams)
Contaminated land - 1200 grams. (instead of 200)
The developers have not fixed this so far. Where does this kilo of sand go? Why cleaning all the dirt out of the water, the output we still have the same 5 kg of water. 
Following the simplest logic, the sand should contain sediment from dirty water, which is removed later from the cleaner. Then the waste mass must be greater than 1 kg, not less. (filter + dirt)
Clean water, after cleaning, will be less than dirty, because it removed the pollution, which also has a mass. 
Thank you in advance.

Update. 
it is necessary to change only the amount of sand spent on 200g, instead of 1000G.

They wanted the sieve to act as a tool, not as 100% real-world thing. Its just to make clean water, without destroying water, and its output is fixed at 40°C, which is a "good" temperature to have in a base. All this, is as it is, for a reason. But i´m sure, someone will make a mod with more realistic values. There is already a mod with input temperature = output temperature. Maybe shout the author a hello, and ask nicely.

21 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

They wanted the sieve to act as a tool, not as 100% real-world thing. Its just to make clean water, without destroying water, and its output is fixed at 40°C, which is a "good" temperature to have in a base. All this, is as it is, for a reason. But i´m sure, someone will make a mod with more realistic values. There is already a mod with input temperature = output temperature. Maybe shout the author a hello, and ask nicely.

You've come up with a great idea. I myself use the modification to maintain the temperature. But to write to the author for not thinking of this idea. If he was able to change the temperature, and the indicators may well cope. 
About 100% realism, I agree, but just in this case it is so much hurt the eyes that I can not ignore it.

I already have one mod for the water sieve. I guess I could expand it to modify the mass of input/output, though I have to admit that personally I prefer to keep the math simple. However we are all different and that's what config files are for..... or maybe the right way to do it would be yet another water sieve.

When boiling polluted water, 1% of the mass is converted to dirt. If we go by that number, the conversion rate would be:

5 kg of polluted water + 1 kg of sand -> 4.95 kg of water + 1.05 kg of polluted dirt. That's 6 kg -> 6 kg.

You know that's a loss of 1% of the water and 405% more polluted dirt. It will make it much easier to "farm dirt", though I guess that also comes down to what you want to do with your game. It's not like mods aren't allowed to shift the game balance.

18 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

I already have one mod for the water sieve. I guess I could expand it to modify the mass of input/output, though I have to admit that personally I prefer to keep the math simple. However we are all different and that's what config files are for..... or maybe the right way to do it would be yet another water sieve.

When boiling polluted water, 1% of the mass is converted to dirt. If we go by that number, the conversion rate would be:

5 kg of polluted water + 1 kg of sand -> 4.95 kg of water + 1.05 kg of polluted dirt. That's 6 kg -> 6 kg.

You know that's a loss of 1% of the water and 405% more polluted dirt. It will make it much easier to "farm dirt", though I guess that also comes down to what you want to do with your game. It's not like mods aren't allowed to shift the game balance.

I agree that the mud will be many times more. In this case, you can change the amount of water or dirt downwards. 
For example on 5 liters water will spent not 1 kg. contained sand, and just 200g. And then we will have quite acceptable mathematics. And tons of material no longer disappear without a trace. Plus a minimum of changes.
For if to be quite realistic, the same flow-through filter of water at home can pass through hundreds of liters of water, and uses only 100-200 grams of coal and other filtering elements.

If we lower the sand usage to 0.15 kg, then the output can be maintained at 0.2 kg. Sure it will use less sand, but that doesn't matter much. Maybe lower the sand capacity to make a full storage last the same amount of water as this will maintain the dupe workload of refilling frequency.

Archived