Wordgen Files?

I did an experiment a couple of days ago to see if RoG worlds that are Hamlet compatible would generate differently than ones that are not. Every time, the ones that were not Hamlet compatible were WAAAY nicer and easier to navigate. It seems that making a Vanilla/RoG world compatible with Hamlet messes with the world generation somehow. Does anyone know what files are responsible for generating Vanilla/RoG worlds that are compatible with other DLC's? I would like to copy the RoG wordgen files from pre-Hamlet over to the Hamlet folder so that I can make the world compatible with Hamlet and still have the nice neat branches that non-Hamlet compatible worlds have. Is it as simple as copying the wordgen_main.lua from the DLC002 folder to the DLC003 folder, or will I need to do something else?

4 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

I don't know. I just know overwriting game files is super bad. Why not just play a non-Hamlet compatible world, if that's what you want?

*sigh* Because I want to have a nicely generated RoG world that I can still connect to Hamlet.

I mean, it's your game, and it's just singleplayer. Steam might complain at some point about your files not being like they're supposed to, perhaps when you update the game or something. But otherwise, it sounds like a lot of modding would have to be done to change the worldgen, if all of this can even be done with modding.

Archived