Suggestion: antihistamine medication

Hi Klei,

I would like to suggest a new item for the mud spa: antihistamine! I've played through Hamlet a few times now, and I have struggled every time to get the required 24-29 nettle leaves before Lush season arrives so as to avoid suffering hay fever. I'd love for there to be a backup option available for less experienced players so they aren't constantly caught out in Lush season, and forced to lose all their sanity, lose all their items one by one, and get attacked by shadow creatures constantly, eventually leading to death.

The recipe can be something that is impossible to craft in Hamlet world like antivenom so players are forced to buy it to keep it balanced, and it can be more expensive, ie 10 oincs, or it could be more costly to craft and require difficult to attain ingredients so there are more options for mid/late game to deal with hay fever other than nettle rolls. And since antihistamines have a chance to make you drowsy, that could be incorporated as well to keep it balanced, so there could be an initial 10% chance of getting the groggy effect, and the more times you take antihistamines in a row without implementing other options the likelihood goes up, resetting at the end of the season, and when you take another form of hay fever relief. 

Alternatively, as vitamin c has a natural antihistamine effect, perhaps that could be incorporated. Foods that are already in the game that are high in vitamin c are pumpkin, berries, bananas and watermelon as well as foliage if you think about it as a leafy green. Perhaps they could be eaten to get a SHORTER immunity to hay fever, say 60 seconds? Or maybe you have to combine them in the crockpot with ice for a "Green smoothie/Vitamin C smoothie" or something? "Take your vitamins!" for 200 seconds of immunity. And another recipe for foliage in the crockpot!

Edit: since I can't let this idea go and spent way too long on this recolour, please find attached a nettle coloured vial of antihistamine. Look how good it looks! Doesn't it just look right?

ds antihistamine.png

Archived