Make PvP a Thing

Since the developers are back to working on the core game, would be awesome if you guys made PvP an actual thing. Surviving is fun, but after going through all the seasons, you need a heavier challenge. That of course, is people. There are a few way that you guys can make PvP relevant.

• Improved Combat

With the forge, you have plenty of ways of making this possible. We simply need more ways to attack and CC other players. Depending on what weapon you should, should either stun, slow, or root players. The CC effects can be exclusive to players, along with having different damage scaling when attacking players. You can also add chain attacks, where attacking in succession would create unique attack animations.

• Alliance System

Just because PvP is enabled, doesn't mean we want everyone to be an enemy. We need a way to team up with others, so we don't accidentally hit each other or activate traps. Chests should also lock out players that are not within an alliance together.

• PvP Specific Items

Something as simple as a net which when used ends up rooting a player for a few seconds. The item should be easy to craft, preferably using rope. It will not work on mobs however. Trying to do so will make you always miss, being that they're too fast to catch.

• Grief Protection

Add some sort of structure which will make make player-started fire and demolition be immune within an area, unless it's the player that created the structure. It will not however protect your base from mobs or naturally started fires. It should be a semi-easy craft to make and you will not be able to place this structure near other structures owned by other non-allied players.

• New Game Mode.

Would be cool to have a team deathmatch of some sort. Maybe call it tribes and have two teams compete, whichever team is last to survive, wins. However, this should be not be the only way to PvP, just another option.

yeap.. I mean after Joe confirmed the focus for the character rework in indeed on PvE, I think that it would be cool to have improved PvP AFTER the reworked is complete.

A New Game mode looks like a good idea, this might allow for particular features that don't necessarily need to apply to other game modes.

"Improved combat" is a bit vague... pls expand on that...

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

yeap.. I mean after Joe confirmed the focus for the character rework in indeed on PvE, I think that it would be cool to have improved PvP AFTER the reworked is complete.

A New Game mode looks like a good idea, this might allow for particular features that don't necessarily need to apply to other game modes.

"Improved combat" is a bit vague... pls expand on that...

So since you wanted a serious conversation about this, I've updated the post.

18 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Ofc I want a serious conversation... that's why I linked this thread in the first place

Just as I thought, you didn't want a serious conversation, you just wanted to move the PvP discussion elsewhere.

Archived