Is changing host possible?

Me and my 4 friends were trying to play this game together for the first time and someone hosted it. In 15th day we started lagging hard because of host's bad internet connection. Is it possible to change host while keeping the progress?

Just hand over the save file to the new host.

Before you ask: you can find these in documents>klei>DoNotStarveTogether>Cluster(thefreakistheworldsthatyouwanttorehostsavelotnumber) and overwrite the current one with the new one. Be careful though, as you can have some nice world in that save slot and your overwrite will completely wipe it.

56 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

Just hand over the save file to the new host.

Before you ask: you can find these in documents>klei>DoNotStarveTogether>Cluster(thefreakistheworldsthatyouwanttorehostsavelotnumber) and overwrite the current one with the new one. Be careful though, as you can have some nice world in that save slot and your overwrite will completely wipe it.

I've come across to this on steam discussion pages but it didn't work for us, for 2 people. 

Archived