Starting dupes should start with a skill point

Now that QoL mk 3 is out, I started a new colony.  As it was early in the beta, my starting dupes did not have any skill points in the beginning.  When I accepted my first dupe, however, he had a skill point whereas my original dupes still did not have a skill point. 

I think the starting dupes should have a skill point in the beginning of the game OR get a skill point when the skill board is built.  It is weird that the new dupes start with a skill point, but the original dupes don't.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Newly printed dupes should also come without any points.

I disagree.  Lacking an initial skill point would be like if in the old jobs system, you would have to master the unemployed job before getting a first job, which is just a time sink in the beginning without adding any real difficulty.  This is because there is no real reason to leave the home biome for a long time, but not being able to makes things just take longer. 

I think that all dupes should start with 1 skill point so that I can decide what role they should fill in the beginning.

Archived