Suggestion: Construction skill changes

At this point of time, Construction skill is the only ugly duckling among the others. It doesn't bring any qualitative improvement to duplicant abilities and isn't even required as a prerequisite for some higher-tier skill.

So I would suggest to modify the Construction skill branch:

1. Remove Construction as tier 1 skill entirely. Maybe let 1st tier Digging skill give some minor bonus to construction speed.
  2. Branch Construction skill branch from 1st tier Digging skill, leaving only two additional tiers for Construction.
  3. Either increase Construction skill benefits numbers-wise so the skill has more impact on gameplay, or as a better option, assign some qualitative benefit to Construction skill tiers: make some advanced buildings require Construction skill, improve duplicant's range when constructing (would be super-useful), increase duplicant's speed and/or carrying capacity when supplying materials to construction sites (since at least 50% time is spent on exactly that)... Whatever really, for as long as Construction skill becomes worthy of taking. :)

am not sure about 1 & 2, while I agree with your assessment I think as a branch off the digging tree seems an odd place.

Anyway 3 has some really interesting thoughts, construction range is something worth its weight in gold. Not sure about supply capacity, as currently capacity doesn't seem like the limiting factor in construction supply and tidy jobs.

Requiring construction skill +1 for all buildings beyond tier 2 might be a bit harsh, while beyond tier 3 has logic behind it, given the synergy with the requirement for tier 1 science skill for that tier of research for those buildings. 

The construction attribute makes them construct things a LOT faster. Like 20% faster for every point or something. It really is super valuable. It would actually be handy if only builder duplicants could build the big things. It would save some time. 

Archived