Detergent, soap, laundry.

Basically just make a building with a fancy name like "surfactant mixer", requires power, petroleum, chlorine gas and makes soap or detergent also because not all maps have a chlorine vent, you might consider allowing lime as an alternative to chlorine or perhaps just making the number of chlorine vents per map consistent.

Alright so I think right now showers are just another water input, output building, that just uses more water than the other ones.  I think that without soap your shower morale buff should not last nearly as long and I think that soap should make your sinks/wash basins remove more germs or possibly be required for the washroom morale bonus.  With you having to replace the soap after so many uses or else have the building not function as effectively.

Also introduce a Laundry mechanic, with a washing machine/dryer that requires power, water, detergent and outputs polluted water.  Basically just make it like the outhouse, dupes go to it and change their clothes and it has so many "uses" before a dupe has to do the laundry which requires detergent.  Clean laundry provides a morale bonus.

This would make chlorine useful.

Technically soap isn`t made out of chlorine but whatever. A detergent might be.

While washing clothes makes sense it`s another time consuming task for little benefit. It would be more annoying than useful.

A soap bonus for showering would be better. Maybe manually crafted soap and delivered to showers and sinks for extra germ protection or morale. Maybe could provide a a germ protection bonus for half a cycle.

As for making chlorine useful i`d prefer if there was a machine cleansing the germs from the air and another for liquids(possibly higher tech) both using chlorine or bleach stone.

31 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Technically soap isn`t made out of chlorine but whatever. A detergent might be.

While washing clothes makes sense it`s another time consuming task for little benefit. It would be more annoying than useful.

A soap bonus for showering would be better. Maybe manually crafted soap and delivered to showers and sinks for extra germ protection or morale. Maybe could provide a a germ protection bonus for half a cycle.

As for making chlorine useful i`d prefer if there was a machine cleansing the germs from the air and another for liquids(possibly higher tech) both using chlorine or bleach stone.

Yeah that makes sense.  Like something which can be added to water that kills the germs.  Or something with a liquid input and output that kills the germs.   I think lime would make more sense but lime is already so scarce, they really should just have limestone be an abundant rock and allow you to make lime out of that and then you can use that for soaps.

Archived