How to add perks/abilities to custom characters

I've heard of an easy way to make custom characters through a character template(Extended Sample Character Template) but the problem is I haven't found a way to add abilities to the character ex webbers ability to befriend spiders etc. I've been trying to find information about this but haven't found anything.

I'm trying to make a character that can befriend the shadow creatures(crawling horror and terror beak)

If anyone could point the right direction would be nice Thanks in advance! :D

Easy, they say? :) The only easy part is following the tutorial. As soon as the coding starts, it's a hard climb to the top. But we're here to help.

Welcome to the world of DST modding :D

Befriending creatures has been pretty popular in the recent months, but it's not too easy. Especially with creatures that cannot normally have these functionalities. Making certain creatures not attack you is one thing, but being able to feed them and making that have an effect on them towards you, that's not an easy task in the least.

The Wulfe mod befriends hounds by feeding them. Webber befriends spiders (in a unique way that's kind of annoying to work with, but it works). Looking through the code for these mods may prove invaluable.

If you want to make this mod, there will be quite some code involved in it, so you'll either have to requisition someone to do it, or learn to code LUA and do it yourself. If you choose the latter (either way, really), please see my newcomer post. It has loads of tips to give you a good start on modding, lots of useful links, info about the game files, tips on how to debug your code etc.

We are here to help, but personally I don't like coding full mods for people. I help with specific problems they raise, while they're trying their best to solve it.

Edited by Ultroman

On 4/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, Ultroman said:

We are here to help, but personally I don't like coding full mods for people. I help with specific problems they raise, while they're trying their best to solve it.

Not all heroes wear capes.