Maxwell Logger: Chop Smarter

I feel like Maxwell's logger-helper isn't as useful as his other two, since it chops any trees, regardless of size. This means that you have to carefully avoid trees, or chop manually, since small trees don't drop cones or birchnuts, which means you'll eventually kill off your whole forest, without a way to replant it. Since his digger only digs things that make sense to dig (i.e. graves and stumps), his logger could also be a bit smarter, and only chop fully-grown trees.

I also wish you could give them specific commands;

For the logger commands could be 

chop tier 1 trees (all)

chop tier 2 trees (all) 

chop tier 3 trees (all)

chop only Birch trees ((any size) or pick this then one of the above to cut only that type & size) 

chop only Evergreens ((any size) or pick this then one of the above to cut only that type & size) 

For the digger commands could be 

Dig only stumps

Dig only grass tufts

Dig only saplings

Dig only berry bushes

For the miner commands could be 

Mine only specific types of rocks (can't think of the different names)

I feel like they just need to be smarter otherwise they become more of a nuisance after awhile.

Love both suggestions. More control over his shadows would be great. So hopefully that's something the devs eventually add. I try not to, but I always get frustrated by a maxwell that has shadows out that start chopping and digging recently planted items. 

Archived