How do you survive the storm? Where's the Winter Koalefant?

blitz4

The storm comes on day 11-12 and there's no way I'm camping next to a fire for 10-20 days. I have yet to find one of the Koalefant's yet cause I'm not sure how to find them, where do you find the Winter Koalefant's? Are their trunks the only way (besides a fire) to reduce the damage you take during the winter when you're away from a fire. Your torch won't even keep you warm, but if you ignite a tree, you can get some warmth from that.How are ya'll weathering the storm?

Haven't even weathered it yet! (The Storm speaking of course), I've barely played 2 hours of this game before winter patch ;; I'll be playing here real shortly today. :D Looking forward to this Challenge!

Good luck! You're defiantly in for a fun ride!

Good luck! You're defiantly in for a fun ride!

Haha willing to ride out the storm like a champ or die trying and continue to try! :D ^^ I guess all of us have our own little 'surviving pattern' we will use when combating winter and it's harsh environment! :D

Theres also the winter hat and beefalo hat for warmth, however... i've yet to have any beefalos in any of my adventure mode worlds.Bad luck with generation perhaps? I notice theres no berry bushes also every time, i'm guessing thats intended.Because i had no warm clothing i got to spend 15 or so winter days boring myself to death by a campfire unable to move a screen on two without getting frozen.The only thing i could do was throw boomerangs at birds to keep myself alive.Then after all that, i reached summer and died by spiders. :D

Theres also the winter hat and beefalo hat for warmth, however... i've yet to have any beefalos in any of my adventure mode worlds.Bad luck with generation perhaps? I notice theres no berry bushes also every time, i'm guessing thats intended.Because i had no warm clothing i got to spend 15 or so winter days boring myself to death by a campfire unable to move a screen on two without getting frozen.The only thing i could do was throw boomerangs at birds to keep myself alive.Then after all that, i reached summer and died by spiders. :D

Beefalo hat & winter hat keeps you warm?!!! Niice. Does Wilson's beard help also? (I heard somebody mention it in another thread.)Yup I haven't seen 1 berry bush either. There might be some in the other worlds, I finally found the portal and 2 pieces by day 9. Plus I got a breezy vest, I'll see how that holds up during the winter. I haven't seen any igloos, deerclops, the fisherman & son, or those winter koof's.Better luck for your next winter :)