REGARDING LAG ISSUES

My bro and I are super excited about the new content and other stuff coming to DST, and we want to try it out together (we play Xbox). But the splitscreen lag is unbearable, and we always stop playing in a crummy mood. I'm talking about multiplayer, too. It's not as bad for me, but there's still sessions of lag where I die during boss fights or in the ruins. Please, Klei, fix the lag! I would honestly prefer lag issues to be fixed first at the risk of postponing whatever cool new thing that's being worked on for DST. I hate complaining about my favorite game, but it's hard to enjoy stuff when I lag and rubberband all over the place.

(I can't be the only one with this issue, right? Does anybody else think that lag should be fixed first?)

12 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

how can you lag on xbox? i thought that can only happen with a slow pc and/or slow internet connection.

if it lags on xbox that would mean klei released a bugged game?

or soemthing is wrong with your connection

I don't think the game is necessarily bugged, but I know for a fact that i'm not the only one with this issue. I see other players dying to lag all the time, and there's tons of videos posted on the xbox showing lag.

1 hour ago, reverentsatyr said:

I don't think the game is necessarily bugged, but I know for a fact that i'm not the only one with this issue. I see other players dying to lag all the time, and there's tons of videos posted on the xbox showing lag.

if it helps... we pc player also lag a lot. for example when i start a new game and i spawn a Goose then i can fight her and evry hit i do makes her damage. later when the world is explored and i fight a Goose not all of my hits make damage cause it lags a bit and my hits dont count. also sometimes some bigger lags which let you die when you are running away from something. or when i want to use flute it lags a tiny bit and you die cause of that. in single player this doesnt happen. i assume its just evry online game lags if the players dont have perfect equipment. also when i play with players from us or asia (im europe) it lags.

i dont know but i dont think its kleis fault

17 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

if it helps... we pc player also lag a lot. for example when i start a new game and i spawn a Goose then i can fight her and evry hit i do makes her damage. later when the world is explored and i fight a Goose not all of my hits make damage cause it lags a bit and my hits dont count. also sometimes some bigger lags which let you die when you are running away from something. or when i want to use flute it lags a tiny bit and you die cause of that. in single player this doesnt happen. i assume its just evry online game lags if the players dont have perfect equipment. also when i play with players from us or asia (im europe) it lags.

i dont know but i dont think its kleis fault

yah, I know pc lags too. I was mostly talking about everyone in general.

@reverentsatyr
make sure your settings are set to default
make sure your router is cooled ( give it a break, dont let it work 24/7 )
split screen will be more lagger since that is basically 2 instances of the game with 2 different areas loaded.
and TBH i have a 610 GT NVIDIA card and if i play on 1600x900 the game starts to lag, the game is kinda GPU demanding at an extend because the textures are hand-drawings. unlike other games.
other than that, i dont know much about console,
oh overheating is also a matter that can be the cause.

16 minutes ago, CrimXane said:

@reverentsatyr
make sure your settings are set to default
make sure your router is cooled ( give it a break, dont let it work 24/7 )
split screen will be more lagger since that is basically 2 instances of the game with 2 different areas loaded.
and TBH i have a 610 GT NVIDIA card and if i play on 1600x900 the game starts to lag, the game is kinda GPU demanding at an extend because the textures are hand-drawings. unlike other games.
other than that, i dont know much about console,
oh overheating is also a matter that can be the cause.

finally we found a use for insulated backpacks

Archived