Copied world problem?

So previously I remember being able to copy worlds made by copying the data in the saveindex file, then copying the cluster file and renaming it to the number of the copied data in saveindex.

This no longer works? I was trying to make a puzzle map, but now I can't test it at all as if I modify the map at all, both the original map AND the copied map get overwrote the next time I save it.

Did Klei change something with saves now?

Just now, Terra M Welch said:

So previously I remember being able to copy worlds made by copying the data in the saveindex file, then copying the cluster file and renaming it to the number of the copied data in saveindex.

This no longer works? I was trying to make a puzzle map, but now I can't test it at all as if I modify the map at all, both the original map AND the copied map get overwrote the next time I save it.

Did Klei change something with saves now?

U could just copy the whole cluster, then creating a world with the same character in other save file, then copying the file in the new cluster... that should work...

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

24 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

U could just copy the whole cluster, then creating a world with the same character in other save file, then copying the file in the new cluster... that should work...

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

That did not work... I honestly think Klei changed something with saves. Well this puts a wrench in my custom map plans.

4 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

That did not work... I honestly think Klei changed something with saves. Well this puts a wrench in my custom map plans.

It's kinda later here but I can test it tomorrow... On my cel atm about to sleep... 

Archived