Must have item guide: First year

Hello everyone! Been quite awhile since i've played, but I am looking to get back into it what with Wortox and new updates coming out. I am hoping people can help with their personal advice for things that must be done the first year. Things like, killing the walrus for the cane, and getting the winter coat/hats... What do you rush to that first year??

Autumn is pretty chill, focus on base building and certain item farms

Winter is a little harder but not much Ignore winter hats (except beefalo hat dats pretty good) stick with thermal stones mostly, try to get a walking cane (Go faster) and Tam O' Shanter (Great sanity item), anyways when deerclops comes 2 football helmets hambat and campfire your good to go.

Spring is annoying (btw make sure you have ice flingos for the future) (and eyebrella from deerclops) make sure you have bee farm, and try to kill bee queen. and maybe D-Fly

Summer sucks, either go underground, or get iceflingomatics (EXPLORE RUINS) oh yeah and kill antlion to.

That is about it for the first year, you could be ALOT more productive but if your not very good at the game take the easier route

(Watch out for bearger day 70)

Autumn:  Pretty relaxed, but you generally need to have a base set up by winter, so I would try scouting out the world first (Guide at bottom helps) I like to settle by day 10-14, and have my first berry harvest ready by day 20, and hopefully a spider farm nearby base as a winter food source.

Winter:  Try to have an icebox by than, as you will need the ice for a flingomatic (or just pre-craft it for the future) and mostly rely on your hopefully nearby spider farm throughout the year, if not rabbits and pigs can help for a while.  You will probably want a birdcage to convert monster meat into eggs, and should probably make a thermal stone, Beefalo/Winter hat are nice accommodations, but not to be overvalued, and try to kill MacTusk if nearby, and Deerclops if you are feeling confident (spawns on night of 30th winter)

Spring:  A lovely season to relax if you have the Deerclops hat, and a sort of nuisance for people without it.  I would recommend trying to make the rain hat, rain coat, and umbrella if you can (keep in mind football helmet has 20% water protection) I tend to start off spring by killing a Goose/Goose or two, and saving the Down Feathers for summer (The fan can be a lifesaver)

Summer:  You want to have a flingomatic covering *all* of your base/farm, preferably not your fire pit, though you'll live if it's necessary.  Carry a thermal stone, which can be frozen in an Icebox, and clothing, although unnecessary can help.  A floral shirt made from cactus flowers is amazing to have, and so is the ice cube hat, though it requires a constant supply of ice, and makes you wet.  The umbrella and whirly fan are also not to be forgotten about, and as for Antlion I tend to avoid him as sinkholes are manageable, unless I live nearby, in which I do what I am better equipped for.  Summer is a great time to go into the caves as you won't freeze, and don't have much else to do.

Spoiler

Archived