Meteors destroy fossils???

i have a tallbird setpiece in mixedbiome and i made some fossils and some catapults there to farm them. i made the fossils like a V. its working great. the problem is ive also meteors there. and they were hitting the fossils but thats no big deal cause i had just to replant them again. it happened very often and never a fossil fragment was missing. they were just lying on the ground. but yesterday most of the fossils werent there anymore. so my question is can meteors destroy them? or what do you think could have happened to my fossils :(

1 minute ago, BeliarBAD said:

i have a tallbird setpiece in mixedbiome and i made some fossils and some catapults there to farm them. i made the fossils like a V. its working great. the problem is ive also meteors there. and they were hitting the fossils but thats no big deal cause i had just to replant them again. it happened very often and never a fossil fragment was missing. they were just lying on the ground. but yesterday most of the fossils werent there anymore. so my question is can meteors destroy them? or what do you think could have happened to my fossils :(

maybe a mod conflict?

im using this 12 mods:

Bird silence

glommer sound removal

Epic healthbar

force biomes

setpiece config

global positions

hamlet turfs

more sculptures

rewrap bundle

show me

stop stumps

wormhole marks

i have no idea. i would say none of the mods changes items stats or something

18 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

Yes, meteors can destroy fossil fragments. Actually, meteors can destroy almost everything, except some items.
Here is a video demonstration 

Archived