Need help with a custom food item

I think I have just about everything done but I need to make anim files and I have no idea how to, in the log it says

Could not find anim build candiedwings
Could not find anim bank [candiedwings]

So that probably means I need to make some, but how do I do that? No clear answer on how to do it just by quick researching on it (sorry its just a bit late at the time of making this and I needed this Question to be written before I go to bed just in case, anyways I was hoping if someone could tell me how to make the files needed for the food item, so I know how to do this in the future for other things.

I attached my log file just incase anyone finds anything else wrong with it.

Thank you if you helped and I couldn't get back to you soon~

client_log.txt

Hi, well, to make an animation to any item or pretty much anything else you need to use spriter, which is a free tool in the don't starve mod tools pack

You can download the tools on steam at your library in tool category.

Next when you have spriter installed, create an "exported" folder in your main mod folder and a second one with the name of your item,

Let's say it's called "candiedwings" :

0screen.jpg.81bbc0a21b6233ef3c48cc6f7f7f32de.jpg

Put the item image in it and then, create a file "candiedwings.scml" in the same folder and open the scml file with spriter

Here is the .exe of spriter (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\Spriter)

Just before the fun part begins, you have to load the folders/images for your spriter file, it's simple : File > New Project > "OK"

Select the candiedwings folder in exported. Which result in this :

Spoiler

0screen.thumb.jpg.f7427d57fc3f57e1d6d1dd47f2d10175.jpg

You'll see it's easy to use, grab your image item on the top right and place its middle-bottom part at the center of the screen

When this is done, click on the image and you will see a red doot, place it at the middle-bottom again, this is for making the right position of the item on don't starve to avoid missing up with the camera

Almost finished, you have to rename your animation and build, just on the right, rename the entity_000 with your prefab name,

"candiedwings" i guess, and for the NewAnimation, most of the item animations of the game are called "idle"

That's what your have now :

Spoiler

0screen.thumb.jpg.df1865a30bf7c670c8ae9e43469622c9.jpg

Okay it's over, you can save your animation : File > Save Project as > call it "candiedwings.scml" and save

Now the animation part is over, you just have to go in your prefab lua file to make it use the right animation

--add the assets on the top
local assets =
{
    Asset("ANIM", "anim/candiedwings.zip"),
 	--I don't know if you have also create the inventory images into the image folder but you have to add it here too

}

--this is for the fn part
	inst.AnimState:SetBank("candiedwings")
	inst.AnimState:SetBuild("candiedwings")
	inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("idle")

Well, you have nothing else to do BUT you still have to convert your scml file into actual game files.

If you have succesfully installed the mod tool, you should have a command prompt screen when you start the game, it's the autocompiler who convert the .png and .scml for you. just wait it finish and now you have everything done.

Ask me for more details :)

Edited by ADM

9 hours ago, ADM said:

Hi, well, to make an animation to any item or pretty much anything else you need to use spriter, which is a free tool in the don't starve mod tools pack

You can download the tools on steam at your library in tool category.

Next when you have spriter installed, create an "exported" folder in your main mod folder and a second one with the name of your item,

Let's say it's called "candiedwings" :

0screen.jpg.81bbc0a21b6233ef3c48cc6f7f7f32de.jpg

Put the item image in it and then, create a file "candiedwings.scml" in the same folder and open the scml file with spriter

Here is the .exe of spriter (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\Spriter)

Just before the fun part begins, you have to load the folders/images for your spriter file, it's simple : File > New Project > "OK"

Select the candiedwings folder in exported. Which result in this :

Hide contents

0screen.thumb.jpg.f7427d57fc3f57e1d6d1dd47f2d10175.jpg

You'll see it's easy to use, grab your image item on the top right and place its middle-bottom part at the center of the screen

When this is done, click on the image and you will see a red doot, place it at the middle-bottom again, this is for making the right position of the item on don't starve to avoid missing up with the camera

Almost finished, you have to rename your animation and build, just on the right, rename the entity_000 with your prefab name,

"candiedwings" i guess, and for the NewAnimation, most of the item animations of the game are called "idle"

That's what your have now :

Hide contents

0screen.thumb.jpg.df1865a30bf7c670c8ae9e43469622c9.jpg

Okay it's over, you can save your animation : File > Save Project as > call it "candiedwings.scml" and save

Now the animation part is over, you just have to go in your prefab lua file to make it use the right animation

--add the assets on the top
local assets =
{
    Asset("ANIM", "anim/candiedwings.zip"),
 	--I don't know if you have also create the inventory images into the image folder but you have to add it here too

}

--this is for the fn part
	inst.AnimState:SetBank("candiedwings")
	inst.AnimState:SetBuild("candiedwings")
	inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("idle")

Well, you have nothing else to do BUT you still have to convert your scml file into actual game files.

If you have succesfully installed the mod tool, you should have a command prompt screen when you start the game, it's the autocompiler who convert the .png and .scml for you. just wait it finish and now you have everything done.

Ask me for more details :)

@ADM

couldn't find the red dot, tried to make it anyways, lots of debugging, almost there but it cant find the anim build I assume because I did something wrong, the spriter that I have that is in the mod tools doesn't have some of the options you have etc. sooo I don't know what to do there

client log is attached of course

client_log.txt