Stupid Tungsten Cooker 3500

@mathmanican asked me to do another stupid build, since i was bored in my no wheezewort no aetn base anyway, i present:

STUPID TUNGSTEN COOKER 3500

First off: It is possible to melt insulation in survival!

Theory time: Insulation melts to tungsten at 3621.85 °C

Looking at other materials:

• Tungsten: 3421.85°C
  • Wolframite: 2926.85°C
  • Thermium: 2676.85°C
  • Igneous Rock: 1409.85°C

So every possible building material (stone, ore, metals) for a more sophisticated setup is already a liquid or gas at this point. Since liquid building tech is not acessable by dupes...

We got Diamond with 3926.85°C, so we can use glass tiles and temp shift plates... end of list...  (unless someone shows the dupes to build more stuff from diamond, fullerene, genetic ooze or refined carbon...)

Oh, and of course, insulated insulation tiles to prevent the super heat from escaping. At least the refinery is able to handle super hot coolant ;)

Next step:

fastest way i know of: run the hot liquid directly trough standard pipes made from insulation...

But then we got problems like mixed liquids random behavior or stuff like that...

So for know, since i need to go to bed:

20190320112044_1.thumb.jpg.58948e51596b11076860b6a8c31522cc.jpg

So we use the mechanics of the reservoir: Liquid inside don't exchange temp with the reservoir, but with the bottom left tile. So reservoir in vacuum, diamond glass tiles and the heat can flow...

Bridges can be placed inside the glass tiles to increase the heat transfer... but that's all i got...

Maybe it is some inspiration for other people...

Oh, and bloopers:

20190320105937_1.thumb.jpg.1b6389e958058a586750919e54c3670a.jpg

Stuff just vanished, as the 4000°C niobium broke out of containment

31 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

What are you doing to generate that much heat?  And how are you moving it from the forge to the reservoir without melting those pipes?

Insulated Pipes from Insulation: Perfectly capable of transfering heat without any loss

You know, the metal refinery doesn't care if it's coolant is -200°C or +2000°C, so just get some liquid steel or niobium in there and the party can start

Archived