World Seed issue

Me and my girlfriend have been trying to figure out for the longest time how to duplicate a world and use it for later use. I'm NOT talking about the save file. We were able to get the world seed number but now we don't know where to put the number. We wanted to do this because we really liked the world we were in but now we don't know how to save it and use it as a fresh new one in that same exact fixture whenever we want. 

If you can help thanks in advance.

Say for instance if we want to start new characters and play on that same world again we don't know how to. But we have the world seed number from the Lua text file. We just want to know where we have to put it. We've already tried DST Seed injector but that seems to just be for ps4

6 hours ago, Brabusweenie said:

Me and my girlfriend have been trying to figure out for the longest time how to duplicate a world and use it for later use. I'm NOT talking about the save file. We were able to get the world seed number but now we don't know where to put the number. We wanted to do this because we really liked the world we were in but now we don't know how to save it and use it as a fresh new one in that same exact fixture whenever we want. 

If you can help thanks in advance.

Say for instance if we want to start new characters and play on that same world again we don't know how to. But we have the world seed number from the Lua text file. We just want to know where we have to put it. We've already tried DST Seed injector but that seems to just be for ps4

Do you want to start all over, or just play as different characters? If it's the second case, then you can build a celestial portal with moonrocks.

Here's what to do:

Go here: 

image.thumb.png.e1804c78528dafb5dc075ebcb0fce5c3.png

Then type this here (replace 3333333333 with your seed):

image.thumb.png.1cca4c1650e228923164a431450437a3.png

Then save the file. The file might save elsewhere; if this happens, make sure to save it as a .lua file and replace the existing one in your scripts folder.

Then generate a new world. It will have very similar characteristics to your old world, but it won't be exactly the same. For example, it will have the exact same set pieces and similar biome layouts. 

Also, if you just want to change the gamemode without starting over to day one, there's a way to change that as well.

I hope you find this helpful!

Archived