When "new lands" to discover were promised in the 2019 roadmap I immediately thought of Shipwrecked content getting added to the game. And although I don't think something that drastic would happen, I think it may be a good idea to add a large Archipelego biome to DST.

Perhaps an encircled cove or a lake instead of open seas to keep the "you're stuck without escape" theme. First there would be a beach biome at its enterence where the altitude falls to the shipwrecked's sea level where players would have direct access to the sea but not able to navigate in it without a boat. Maybe there can be unremovable big rock/bazalt setpieces where you'd be able to place "Docks" community project like Portal Paraphernalia that requires boards and ropes, perhaps 20 Boards, 6 Ropes and one coompass. There you'd have access to the Nautical tab and would be able to make boats to navigate the lake, to go to the islands of the archipelego inside the lake. Islands shouldn't be very isolated for balanxe so perhaps hounds and bosses would be able to cross the sea. 3-4 small to medium sized islands could make a good total archipelego biome imo. It may generate hidden treasures, perhaps have it's unique seasons from shipwrecked, corresponding to normal seasons in land, sand mechanics and other stuff currently exclusive to the Shipwrecked DLC.

Overall it wouldn't be adding the whole Shipwrecked DLC to DST, which I don't see happening, but a small tid bit of the content can be given in the form of a new biome or three, both promoting the Shipwrecked DLC and potentially opening way for Shipwrecked characters like Wallani to be introduced to the game.

Archived