Any suggestions what to do with these geysers and volcano

I restarted my colony and still an relative beginner player.

On my current seed: 1240786033 I came across these three geysers and volcano in close proximity.

Any suggestions how I can utilize this to my advantage at any stage of the game?

The volcano is active only 22s every 7777s, not sure if that is useful at all. But the hot polluted oxygen vent is this somewhat usable? How do you use these geysers?

Perhaps there is a way to combine these geysers with a setup?

Thanks.

ONI.jpg

3 hours ago, FlatTiger19 said:

I restarted my colony and still an relative beginner player.

On my current seed: 1240786033 I came across these three geysers and volcano in close proximity.

Any suggestions how I can utilize this to my advantage at any stage of the game?

The volcano is active only 22s every 7777s, not sure if that is useful at all. But the hot polluted oxygen vent is this somewhat usable? How do you use these geysers?

Perhaps there is a way to combine these geysers with a setup?

Thanks.

ONI.jpg

you can use the volcano heat for a mid-late game oil-to-petroleum boiler setup. Its not trivial but you win some dupe-time compared to refinery and save oil on the (very) long run.

I would cool the hot polluted oxygen with oil and/or polluted water heat exchanger. Clean it with deodorizer. With this you save some water on the long run. The hot oil could go into the oil boiler or refinery. The hot polluted water can be sieved at 120Celsius to lose the most heat, or fed at 80Celsius to pincha peppers. As the steam vent is close by you can make a heat exchanger that works for both geysers, so really it isnt much of an investment to use the PO vent.

Archived