How to port character from DST to DS?

I made some characters in DST with special perks. What do I need to do to port them to DS? If there are issues with perks I should be able to work through them, but I have no idea how to even get the character to show up on the character select menu. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Fancy_Fox_Pers

First of all, the api_version in the modinfo.lua needs to be changed to 6. Also, the AddNetworking() call should be removed from the character's fn(), along with the ismastersim check.

It depends which perks you've given the characters. If none of the perks use networking (sending or retrieving data between the client and server), then there shouldn't be many problems. I'm not sure about changes in texture-code and such.

Mostly, I think you'll be running into problems with naming of functions and variables, missing components which aren't in DS, and such.

What did you try so far?

Just looking at another (recent and acclaimed) character mod side-by-side with your code should be really helpful.

Edited by Ultroman

12 hours ago, Ultroman said:

What did you try so far?

Not much, just plucking it in the mods folder and seeing what the log says. I was just trying to get some basic information, so I knew how to start. Thank you for the clear answer! I think I'll finalize my characters before porting them, then