New Dreco morph

Drecos need a new morph. Right now, they only have two. I think a good morph would be a dreco that grows steel. It should be really hard to care for, maybe needing to live in temperatures over 100 degrees, and it would need to eat a new type of plant only found in the oil biome.

Reduced life span Probably wouldn't work with a Dreco, since the tails take time to grow, a shortened life would mean much less resources from it. 

Maybe nerf it by slightly reducing reproduction rates, since it already produces egg shells.

2 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Reduced life span Probably wouldn't work with a Dreco, since the tails take time to grow, a shortened life would mean much less resources from it. 

Maybe nerf it by slightly reducing reproduction rates, since it already produces egg shells.

If the slime drecos will prefair pincha pepper, they will be hydrogen-immersed for their whole life. So, if the population is high enough, the outcome will be ok. The regular animals grow tails 145 cycles ot teir 150c lifespan it's 1/30. But much of this time is lost when they are not in hydrogen. The scaly morph will loose 5 of 75 cycles - it's 1/15 of total lifespan. But it will never get out of hydrogen. so the time loss will be compensated. Short life makes it necessary to support high population.
----
The idea of nerfing the fertility is not good, because much time will pass from the moment you get the first egg or 2 to the moment you have enough lime to produce steel.

Increasing the yeild of lime per harvest would help.  If the yeild was less or equal to egg shells it wouldn't be worth it.

Having them eat pinichas would be too easy.  I like the chalange of making drecko farms where I have to deal with two gases

What about having them eat mushrooms?

24 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I was thinking mushrooms would be nice, but the mushrooms need to be below 25 degrees to grow, and Dreckos need to be above 35 degrees.

That would offer a new challenge.  Maintaining two different tempatures in one room could be fun

6 hours ago, Mooagain said:

the mushrooms need to be below 25 degrees to grow

Didn`t mushroom grow in temps up to 35oC? Or did that change?

I`d love a new drecko morph by the way. I made a few suggestions before with drecko morphs eating mushroom/thimble reed being a stepping stone to the ultimate drecko eating sleet wheat (that drecko would survive in much lower temperatures). The problem is to find what would those guys produce: Lime? Slime? or maybe something new, that`s useful.

16 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Didn`t mushroom grow in temps up to 35oC? Or did that change?

I misread it. The mushrooms could survive at 35 degrees.

This would lead to an interesting layout, needing automation to keep the temperature at exactly 33 degrees, and having the CO2 and Hydrognen environment for the dreckos to live in. 

Archived