Wierd Script Error + How to use Autocompiler?

Im trying to make a DST character using the extended sample character, and I'm getting a weird script error for the custom speech, any help?

[string "cannot OLDFILEACCESSMETHOD @../mods/workshop-361202313\scripts\..."]:2411: '<eof>' expected near '='

Also, I need to know how to manually tell autocompiler.exe to compile the files I want it to file, because I can't seem to get it to work. Whenever it opens up, it just says stuff about the Screecher Mod (from singleplayer).

Im not sure if I said this clearly. If you need more info, I'll be happy to give.

4 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Without seeing the actual code that throws the error it's hard to usefully comment on an error.

(my wild guess would be that you forgot a comma somewhere)

Im not sure if it means that somethings going wrong on line 2411 of the speech file, or something else entirely. I can post the entirety of the crash log, and/or the speech file.

I want to re-iterate that im working on the speech file, ie "speech_(name)". This is my very first time modding *anything* so apologies if I leave out key details.

Edited by Canis

• Developer

You should really try to get the indentation right, then you would have seen you have a closing bracket on line 314 that shouldn't be there.

(or rather, you would have realized at one point that you closed the opening bracket while there's still strings left)

Alright, after fixing line 314 (and approximately 20 minutes of celebrating /s) The speech file works. Now on to my second question:

How do I get the autocompiler to compile my own mod? In other words, how do I make it compile the files I want it to compile? I can't seem to put in my input in the compiler, so I'm stumped.