Suggestion: Leveling System.

Suggestion:

So I suggest a leveling system similar to event leveling systems for normal gaming. Players may gain experience by killing bosses, Or simply by playing the game a lot or etc...

Benefits:

• This can help players feel more rewarded as they play and simply make the game more enjoyable at long periods of time.
  • This can help players to see other player's experience, to help with cooperation.
  • This can be used later to reward players with little amount of spools as they level up.

How would this xp-system work, would it carry over between worlds? If so, then it isn't really possible to make it work, people could cheat a lot with mods and console commands to gain xp with no effort, or Klei had to host dedicated servers for leveling up and allow getting xp only on those, which would be quite expensive for them.

What would make the game more enjoyable with the xp system? What changes would it bring into the game to make it more fun? I might be unimaginative, but I cannot really see why would I enjoy the game more if I had a level which would increase every now and then.

9 hours ago, fimmatek said:

How would this xp-system work, would it carry over between worlds? If so, then it isn't really possible to make it work, people could cheat a lot with mods and console commands to gain xp with no effort, or Klei had to host dedicated servers for leveling up and allow getting xp only on those, which would be quite expensive for them.

What would make the game more enjoyable with the xp system? What changes would it bring into the game to make it more fun? I might be unimaginative, but I cannot really see why would I enjoy the game more if I had a level which would increase every now and then.

Yes I mean an overall leveling system for all worlds. I also taught about cheating for xp but Idk if there is a way to prevent that.
About the enjoyable part, I must say it's highly depends on if we decide to reward to player or not for any level. But this could give a sense of goal and make long term gaming more meaningful and rewarding. Or at least determine player's overall experience for cooperative matters.

Archived