Strange suicidal dupe behavior

In some situations the dupes act in a very strange suicidal manner.
1. If a dupe has no personal table he eats where he got hungry. Having a snack in a room, filled with overheated chlorine? - why not!
2. When a dupe has nothing to do he commits suicide. He probably thinks: "Oh! My life has no sense! Goodby, cruel world!". And just stands twitching where he caught this pessimistic idea. I't takes over 9000 of spirit strength and stupidity to just stand in a vacuum chamber, 3 steps away from a dining room until death comes.
3. Jet-packs! Weeee!!! A really great place to sleep! Why not sleep in space with a jet-pack turned on until it runs out of fuel and oxygen?
So my suggestions are:
1 - Hungry dupes should grab food if any run to the nearest room with oxygen and temperature below 40C. No, really It's so wired when a dupe finds meal wood on the bottom of the ****-pit, sits right under polluted water with over 500 000 food poisoning germs, smiles and eats...
2 - Idle dupes should go have some fun or at least go to the nearest room with oxygen and temperature below 40C.
3 - The dupes should never sleep in jet-packs! Maybe, the narcoleptic ones may sleep in the jet-suit, but it would be funnier if they flew in a random direction in that case and crashed buildings or got lost in space. In the name of DF-style fun :)

1. Makes sense. Dupes should find a comfy place to eat unless they are starving.

2. Dupes should go to the recreation room when idle. This was suggested a few times already. At least now they move back to the exosuit dock if idle in a suit so they don`t waste resources (this is not always better for them though)

3. Sleeping in the air is not a good idea. Stuck dupes should at least land on the ground. Nacroleptic on the other hand... well maybe those guys shouldn`t be allowed to use jet suits. Making them fall when they fall asleep doesn`t sound reasonable either. It`s a kinda complicated problem. For now lets say the suits have an autopilot keeping them in place when they sleep.

"well maybe those guys should not be allowed to use jet suits." - IMHO, the jet-suits and exosuits (or the control-posts) should work like doors. Or you can just build a door before the suit docking stations and not let the narcoleptic dupes pass.

Sleeping in the air is not a good idea.  - But it is exactly what they do now! And some of them die :(. I think it's a kind of bug.

5 hours ago, anton_stezhkin said:

Sleeping in the air is not a good idea.  - But it is exactly what they do now! And some of them die :(. I think it's a kind of bug.

I didn`t have any dupe deaths from sleeping in the air but it`s certainly a problem. For me it`s like with driving a car. If you are narcoleptic you shouldn`t do that. I think narcoleptic dupes should have "cannot use jet suits" as a part of that trait.

For now you have to manually set door permissions so that doesn`t happen.

16 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I didn`t have any dupe deaths from sleeping in the air but it`s certainly a problem. For me it`s like with driving a car. If you are narcoleptic you shouldn`t do that. I think narcoleptic dupes should have "cannot use jet suits" as a part of that trait.

For now you have to manually set door permissions so that doesn`t happen.

No death butt one of Thema Fell asleep in space and has to dig a way back.It was very close.

Archived