"S" key is not working too well

Whenever I press the S key, it really doesn't work that well. It will work for a second and then stop.

I recorded it to demonstrate what happens:

I'm not sure if it's my computer or the game, but I was hoping someone would help me? 

I would look it up on google but I'm not sure how I can explain it?

I used an air can in hopes it would solve the problem and get any crap stuck under there out, but it didn't help?

Judging from what I'm seeing here, it looks like your 'S' key on your keyboard itself is faulty.

The way those arrow keys are shown there on that on screen GUI I'm assuming you're using an Apple brand laptop with one of those thin keyboards.

My first thing I'd do is pop the key off the keyboard and inspect any rubber mesh underneath for tearing, and then go further to see if the contact pad below that was tearing if no visible trauma was there.

If you had spilled any liquid or live in a highly humid area, then you may have some corrosion around the pad area affecting it, which an air can may not be able to remove, and could require a cleaning with a physical surface like a cotton swap or microfiber sheet.

Note that any self-fixing may void any applicable warranty on the rest of the system, so be weary of the terms and conditions you have for your hardware.  Apple in particular is very aggressive when it comes to self-repair and voiding warranties.

12 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Judging from what I'm seeing here, it looks like your 'S' key on your keyboard itself is faulty.

The way those arrow keys are shown there on that on screen GUI I'm assuming you're using an Apple brand laptop with one of those thin keyboards.

My first thing I'd do is pop the key off the keyboard and inspect any rubber mesh underneath for tearing, and then go further to see if the contact pad below that was tearing if no visible trauma was there.

If you had spilled any liquid or live in a highly humid area, then you may have some corrosion around the pad area affecting it, which an air can may not be able to remove, and could require a cleaning with a physical surface like a cotton swap or microfiber sheet.

Note that any self-fixing may void any applicable warranty on the rest of the system, so be weary of the terms and conditions you have for your hardware.  Apple in particular is very aggressive when it comes to self-repair and voiding warranties.

Yeah, I suspected it too. I wonder if its the reason I sometimes make typos and put two s’s when typing...

Yep, I’m using a MacBook Pro.

Yeah maybe something got stuck there that the air can couldnt get out. I’ll try taking it off. Maybe I’ll get my mom to help since she works with computers.

I don’t remember spilling any liquid, but it’s probably crumbs or something.

Thanks a million!!

Archived