A short suggestion.

Currently the Printing Pod choices can be simply reset by save-loading (even if you saved after looking at them), which let's you endlessly reload the game to get an army of useful dupes. And also that kinda reduces the replay value. 

The easy way to mitigate  this effect is to tie the Printing Pod choices to the World Seed. This effectively means that the sequence of dupes that will be available at Printing Pod is generated at the game start together with rest of the World.

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

You could just choose not to reload, simple.

Now, tying the dupes to the seed - THAT would reduce replayability. Now at least you can replay the same map if you like it but with different dupes.

Regarding first - that's true. But sometimes it happened that I looked at the Printing Pod to see if there are any good options and then I had no time to pick it up and next time I load the game I have no good ones. That was not expected at least.

The second thing is actually not so hard to fix - tie the dupes sequence to a hidden random seed e.g. the dupes you selected on the starting screen.

What for, though? Blocks the possibility to reroll for people who want to do so, and if you don't want to  - just don't. They lock once you see them. If you saw them, then you wanted to pick later - that's because another 3 cycles passed and you just got a new set.

I agree with you about the point that it's up to the player if they want to play fair or exploit it for their dark plans :)

Regarding the second point. They are locked once you saw them but only for the duration of the current game session. As I mentioned earlier if you save the game immediately after seeing them, quit and load this last save, you'll get a different set.

I didn't know about the 3 cycles rule btw. I thought they are locked for the whole duration of a game session. Interesting

Archived