my cursors position isnt correct in steam overlay

okay, i know ive asked more questions than answered. but ill try to work on that :P, but for now, i got this problem.

when ever i use steam overlay while playing dont starve together. the position isnt correct. what i mean by that is when i click on something it clicks on something to its right in stead. so is that a problem from steam or the game or even my laptop? plz its annoying ;-;

"i have a 1366x768 screen resolution"

Just now, XxNeverKillsxX said:

okay, i know ive asked more questions than answered. but ill try to work on that :P, but for now, i got this problem.

when ever i use steam overlay while playing dont starve together. the position isnt correct. what i mean by that is when i click on something it clicks on something to its right in stead. so is that a problem from steam or the game or even my laptop? plz its annoying ;-;

"i have a 1366x768 screen resolution"

uh i solved this but i can't remember mm
if i'm not wrong you need to change your resolution 
or change fullscrreen to off and on again
(i think was the first)

I think this was what I did when I faced that issue.

Open Task Manager -> Startup Tab -> Right Click Steam Client Bootstrapper -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Checkmark the box labeled "Override High DPI scaling behavior. Scaled performing by: Application:" -> Hit OK.

Force Close the Steam Client Bootstrapper via the processes tab in task manager or simply restart your PC. Let me know if it works.

19 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Open Task Manager -> Startup Tab -> Right Click Steam Client Bootstrapper -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Checkmark the box labeled "Override High DPI scaling behavior. Scaled performing by: Application:" -> Hit OK.

Force Close the Steam Client Bootstrapper via the processes tab in task manager or simply restart your PC. Let me know if it works.

I taught this would work,but it didn't.
I don't have a startup tab cause of Windows 7 here probably.
I just go properties on the steam.exe and go there and i see  "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and i just click it and then i dont see any scaled performing by ... 
And in the end it doesn't work.
Fullscreen of on trick doesn't work. If i lower my resolution to something crappy looking then its fixed, buts that not a solution.
Any other suggestions?

20 hours ago, lakhnish said:

i dont have that option.

look.PNG

@XxNeverKillsxX Try hitting the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" as it seems to be how older versions of Windows would say "Override High DPI scaling behavior. Scaled performing by: Application." 

@Kawasaki After check marking that button, did you hit apply or OK? If you didn't, the changes don't apply. 

If that doesn't work, then I don't have any more ideas since that's what google tells me to do.

4 hours ago, lakhnish said:

@XxNeverKillsxX Try hitting the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" as it seems to be how older versions of Windows would say "Override High DPI scaling behavior. Scaled performing by: Application." 

@Kawasaki After check marking that button, did you hit apply or OK? If you didn't, the changes don't apply. 

If that doesn't work, then I don't have any more ideas since that's what google tells me to do.

Now that atleast i have a clue from where to start looking thanks to you, i will look more into this.

9 hours ago, lakhnish said:

nope. no luck yet ;( appreciate the help tho!

Tried changing DPI on windows desctop settings but no changes.
What ive noticed is if i open the steam overlay (btw only happens in Dont starve/Together) and lets say i test it with my mouse over a friends list. If i put the friends list left most of the screen the mouse pointer corresponds to the buttons and works normaly, but as more as you go towards the right of the screen the more it appears broken. On the most right of the screen i need to move my mouse by about 1cm to the left for me to click on a button or anything i want.

Archived