Are event ornaments canon?

This year we got new ornaments for Winter's Feast, ones that are fashioned after mobs from the Forge and the Gorge. Some of the survivors have very interesting quotes about these:

Forge: 

• A remembrance of past carnage. (Wendy)
  • Kinda familiar eh, Lucy? (Woodie)
  • Not so scary when they're like this. (Webber)
  • Reminds me of somthin'. (Winona)

Gorge:

• Should old acquaintance be forgot. (Wendy)
  • There's something familiar about this... (Maxwell)

These quotes suggest that the surviviors already went through the gate, defeated the two events and now are back to the Constant. Some of them clearly recognises the figures (Wendy, Webber); while the others just find the ornaments familiar (Woodie, Winona, Maxwell), which could mean that they either forgot those events or just don't recognise them. 

Does this mean that the surviviors went through the gate and after the events returned to the Constant? The quotes above seem to support this idea, but if that's the case, why do the other surviviors not recognise these ornaments (having neutral quotes), how did they come back (through what gate/portal)? 

So the question is, what do you think, can we take these quotes as canon, or not? (There are quotes that are not canon, like the characters' quotes about themselves, so we know that non-canon quotes can exist)

Wendy recognizes both events because she was the first to check them out ( dem trailers )

but then Webber? he wasn't anywhere for the first time...

Also it could honestly be that the ornaments are looking different than the og mobs and some characters don't realise it.

It was weird too yeah. When i playied wilson he quoted on the Gorge ornamnets “they make me hungry somewhy?” made me think he remembered of the tasty food they cooked there and the question mark made me think did they lose their memories when they came back to their world? And somewhy makes them kinda think that they were there, and forge one Wilson said “I should hang them over fire” something close that.

i have a theory.

The Shadows were making an ilusion on Survivors, thinking they weren't no longer in constant but then they just tried erasing their memories of the gateways...

Support claims : Codex works in both dimensions ( the fighters and the cutter ), Charlie is seen manipulating the gateway with some white substance

( that could be drugs white matter? from the brains of survivors - remember shadows do random stuff with body controling )

Archived