remove cave

Unless you are having lag issues just ignore the caves. No reason to go in there. Not worth the effort of somehow removing the caves.

If you mean then bats annoying you, you can always get the mod that let's you replug the sinkholes with some explosives and some rocks.

1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

Unless you are having lag issues just ignore the caves. No reason to go in there. Not worth the effort of somehow removing the caves.

If you mean then bats annoying you, you can always get the mod that let's you replug the sinkholes with some explosives and some rocks.

i dont know why i have lag even in offline mode with cave (and when more items are around me i get more lag). i dont have any lag widout cave. now that i have a massive base game is totally unplayable, and i rly dont want to start another game again. 

thats why im looking for a way to remove cave :(

2 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Then you can look into this thread, where I posted an idea on how removing the caves might work. (Never tried it myself, but this should work if you'd do it properly.) Make sure to make a backup before you tinker with any of your save files though.

thank you.

so i found this. but i didnt undrestand where should i delete exacly, and it delete cave for which one of my saves? cuz there is just one (id="DST_CAVE")

Untitadsadsled.png

3 minutes ago, darkhero said:

so i found this. but i didnt undrestand where should i delete exacly, and it delete cave for which one of my saves? cuz there is just one (id="DST_CAVE")

Untitadsadsled.png

That does look a bit awkward. Try opening it with a text editor that does proper line breaks, such as Notepad++. And then you are looking for the "block" (a compound of code that is contained with {}), and delete it, including the comma right in front of it, because that one seperates the previous block from the one you want to delete, and once you deleted it, there's no need for a seperator anymore. It should look like this:

image.thumb.png.def368aed7ce8082c4923e67c66b8609.png

1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

That does look a bit awkward. Try opening it with a text editor that does proper line breaks, such as Notepad++. And then you are looking for the "block" (a compound of code that is contained with {}), and delete it, including the comma right in front of it, because that one seperates the previous block from the one you want to delete, and once you deleted it, there's no need for a seperator anymore. It should look like this:

image.thumb.png.def368aed7ce8082c4923e67c66b8609.png

ok. i delete the exact part you mark and now my 1st save slot is empty which is the slot that i want to edit. the other slots are unchanged.

just wanted to mention this is the path im in (\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save)

dont you think i should go here (Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1) ?

Undfdstitled.png

10 hours ago, darkhero said:

just wanted to mention this is the path im in (\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save)

dont you think i should go here (Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1) ?

While yes, this is the actual save slot, deleting the caves folder there only causes the game to generate a new cave world, because it's saved somewhere else that the world has a caves world as well. this is set in the \Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save file. I'll look into figuring out what is missing for removing the caves world.

Alright, after finally getting a bit of time to poke around in the Matter (sorry for taking so long), I figured out what is going on.
Essentially the world data itself is not saved in the cluster_1..5, and instead in client_save/session/<crazy number>.
Long story short, the easiest and probably safest way to launch your world without caves would be the following:

1. Do a backup of your entire DST save folder. Things can always go south.

2. Create a second cluster in your client with the same settings as your old one, with the only exception, that it doesn't have caves. Not sure if really necessary, but better safe than sorry in the long run. Launch it once and then exit.

3. Open the DST_save_folder\client_save\saveindex with a appropriate text editor, and find and copy the session_id of your world you wanna keep. It should look somewhat like this:

session_id="18396EA116AB2CFD",

4. Find the cluster you created in step 2. Replace that ID with the one you copied earlier.

That should be it.

So what happened now? We linked both clusters to the one world you want to play on. Means your client uses on both servers the same world files. Changes you do on one file are also applied to the second one and vice versa.
At this point you have the following choices:

1. Leave it as it is, and play on your caveless server world whenever you want to play caveless, with the option to login to the other to have a world with caves once again if you want to access cave resources (for example).

2. Delete the Cluster that has caves included. For this you probably have to copy your world files
(DST_save_folder/client_save/session/<crazy number>)
to a different location, since deleting the cluster will delete this folder as well, then delete the cluster and copy the world file back afterwards.

Have fun :D
(Ps: I think I'll also put this up as a seperate thread/Tutorial, since I've seem other people having the same issues, so linking is easier.)

Archived