Difference bettween leveldataoverride.lue and saveindex

I created a dedicated server a few months ago. I added all the changes I wanted to the leveldataoverride.lue of both the over world and underworld. Later I realized I forgot to turn off diseases. So I went into the leveldataoverride.lue of both servers and set disease_delay="none". I also shutdown the servers and restarted them. However, today I noticed that all my twig bushes had diseases. Upon further research I found there is a file for each server called saveindex. Here the diseases are set to disease_delay="default".

What is the difference between these two files? I'm assuming if I adjust the saveindex file it will accomplish what I want, yet I'm hesitant because I don't want to regenerate the world.

13 hours ago, X-lem said:

I'm assuming if I adjust the saveindex file it will accomplish what I want, yet I'm hesitant because I don't want to regenerate the world.

Good thing you were hesitant, messing with that file usually breaks stuff.

To disable disease on an existing world, you have to issue the command:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.disease_delay = "none"

And then restart the server.

You'll have to issue this command on both the cave and the Master shard. Also make sure that if you enter the command using your client (especially after copy/pasting it) that you are entering it with the infamous "Remote: " in front of the command line (Toggleable by pressing <ctrl>).

Afterwards restart both shards.

Edit:

What is the difference between these two files?

The worldgenoverride.lua is used to determine the worldgen and configuration settings while generating a world, while the saveindex holds the running world configuration options. Therefore worldgenoverrides.lua changes only get applied during a new generation of the map.

6 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Also make sure that if you enter the command using your client (especially after copy/pasting it) that you are entering it with the infamous "Remote: " in front of the command line (Toggleable by pressing <ctrl>).

Thank you for the help. I'm glad I decided to ask here before messing with that file. Can you explain this a little more so I understand. Normally I would enter this command by bringing up the in game console (hitting ~) or I would enter it into my server terminal that I've attached to the game. Would this be incorrect then?

6 hours ago, X-lem said:

Normally I would enter this command by bringing up the in game console (hitting ~) or I would enter it into my server terminal that I've attached to the game. Would this be incorrect then?

No, that would both be absolutely correct.

Once common thing that happens to many people though, is that they paste the command into the command line ingame (the console you open with ~) using <ctrl>+v, which is in itself fine as well.

The problem is that DST allows you to switch between server and client execution mode with <ctrl>. Pasting the command with <ctrl>+v now switches it inconveniently to client execution mode, which doesn't affect any server side things. So you'd have to press <ctrl> once again after pasting the command using <ctrl>+v to revert it to server execution mode.

(I hope I explained it properly, and didn't confuse you even more. :angel:)

Archived