Dupe immune systems

Whenever i get a dupe sick it feels like there is nothing i can do to prevent it. It just seems the dupes are either at 100% immune systems or steadily falling to 0%. Once the dupe gets enough germs "inside" that it starts falling it seems like it takes forever for his immune system to kill the germs off. I mean it works fine but it`s pretty unenjoyable knowing a dupe is getting sick in 2-3 cycles and you can`t do anything even if you restrict his access to zones where he can get infected.

I think it should be more dynamic. For now it`s too slow. A dupe should get his immune system hit even with small amounts of germs so that you can see right away that your dupes are breathing slimelung, but on the contrary if not exposed to it further they should fight the germs off rather fast. This way small amounts of germs are visible (a dupe sneezing in your base would cause other dupes immune systems to fall below 100%) but aren`t lethal for anybody. Meanwhile recklessly mining slime biomes is still guaranteed slimelung for the miners, but you can see them falling low on immune earlier and restricting access right away should keep them healthy.

What about this cure chamber or whats its called? Like setting medical room - assign one dupe to "care" and let it cure other one. Is it not helping fast enough?  I think it really boosts immune system but i hardly ever has problem with it so didn't have chance to test it. 

23 hours ago, ONIfreak said:

What about this cure chamber or whats its called? Like setting medical room - assign one dupe to "care" and let it cure other one. Is it not helping fast enough?

You didn`t understand my idea. The pharma chamber helps only when the dupe is sick so his immune system is already at 0.

My idea is to make their immune systems more dynamic when going from 100 to 0. Now when a dupe gets infected he will slowly fall to 0 even if he won`t get any new germs. My idea is for the immune system to fight germs faster so that a dupe who got to 70% in one cycle will recover back to 100% if not infected again. As a tradeoff he will get to 0 immunity and sick faster if you keep him exposed to germs.

6 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

You didn`t understand my idea. The pharma chamber helps only when the dupe is sick so his immune system is already at 0.

My idea is to make their immune systems more dynamic when going from 100 to 0. Now when a dupe gets infected he will slowly fall to 0 even if he won`t get any new germs. My idea is for the immune system to fight germs faster so that a dupe who got to 70% in one cycle will recover back to 100% if not infected again. As a tradeoff he will get to 0 immunity and sick faster if you keep him exposed to germs.

ah i see. sorry i don't have much experience with this - I never get sick. and what about those pills from apothecary - are they not working this way? (didn't test it at all tbh)

Yea the pills work as +10% per cycle. Just for me the system is still too sluggish. I want it to be more dynamic not wait 2 cycles for the dupe to get sick if he isn`t even inhaling any slimelung anymore. I want immunity to fall immidiatly when exposed to germs and rise back 1 cycle after not exposed anymore. Currently after a low immunity warning it`s already way to late to prevent a dupe from getting sick pills or no pills.

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

Yea the pills work as +10% per cycle. Just for me the system is still too sluggish. I want it to be more dynamic not wait 2 cycles for the dupe to get sick if he isn`t even inhaling any slimelung anymore. I want immunity to fall immidiatly when exposed to germs and rise back 1 cycle after not exposed anymore. Currently after a low immunity warning it`s already way to late to prevent a dupe from getting sick pills or no pills.

Fair enough. make sense. Thx for explaining this :)

Archived