System of Hunger (Fullness)

Hello. I've been playing this game for a bit now and it's great. My major issue with it is how there's not a system in place where it's ranking duplicants from hungriest to least hungry to force them to eat in a certain order. You can not even decide who will be prioritized to eat first, no matter how hard you try.

I had 5 duplicants that were starving but I knew that 4 of them were going to be okay. The 5th one had only 100calories left, but there was a mushbar on the ground. The 4 least hungry started to fight over it, while the 5th dying one ran away to farm... I clicked all of the 4 other duplicants to move far away from it, and the 5th one to stand right on top of it, but she was still not eating it and determined to go away to farm and die.

I lost a duplicant for no reason at all. I don't think this should happen, thanks. 

Rest in peace, Rancheera.

RIP.png

One solution could be to allow a user to assign food to someone, as if it was a bed.

Really this only happens in extreme scenarios. The game doesn`t see a difference between a starving dupe that has 10 seconds of life and one that has 60 seconds. Most of the time it doesn`t matter but when the colony is critically low on food but just enough to survive some dupes might not get their food in time.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, Sasza22 said:

Really this only happens in extreme scenarios. The game doesn`t see a difference between a starving dupe that has 10 seconds of life and one that has 60 seconds. Most of the time it doesn`t matter but when the colony is critically low on food but just enough to survive some dupes might not get their food in time.

The starving mechanic seems a bit flawed at the moment, I seem to have dupes starve on a daily basis, despite their being 1m calories in food in easily accessible fridges.

Archived