• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

[DST] Gesture Wheel 1.8.1

1 Screenshot

About This File

Gesture wheel makes emotes a little easier by providing a custom interface for using them. Also available on the Steam Workshop.

By default, the hotkey is set to G (but you can configure it in the mod config options). Holding G will bring up the gesture wheel, then moving your mouse in a particular direction will select a gesture. When you release G, your character will do the gesture.

On controllers, pressing in the left stick activates the wheel, and selection is done with the left stick.

I included several options that you might want to change:

• Toggle button: This defaults to G, but you can set it to any letter key. Hopefully when mods get proper controls options, this will be nicer to work with :)
  • Wheel size: Sets how big the wheel is; defaults to 1, but can be set from 0.1 to 2.
  • Center wheel: this determines whether the wheel comes up around your mouse or the center of the screen.
  • Restore cursor position: "Relative", the default setting, moves it back where it was before, adding the extra movement you did for the gesture. "Absolute" sets it back where it was before without adding the extra movement, "Center" only moves the mouse to the center of the wheel when it's brought up, and "Off" doesn't move the mouse at all. If Center Wheel is disabled, only "Absolute" does anything.
  • Show picture or text: You can have it show just the picture, just the text, or both.
  • Controller stick: You can set it to use the left or the right stick to open the wheel.
  • Limit to 8: Off (the default) uses all the emotes, but the wheel is getting pretty crowded (current at 12 emotes), so On limits the wheel to 8 emotes, which are chosen with the remaining options (Right Emote, Down-Left Emote, and so on).

What's New in Version 1.8.0   See changelog

Released

Add /toast emote

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Dang. This mod look so cool and I really want to use it. But every time i try to start a world or play a game i get a black screen with the words "Buy Now" and 0:00 at the top of the screen. I don't know why this issue happens. 

Please help.

don't wants to work with Minimap HUD mod from The DST-functional UI Mod Bundle, emotes becomes unselectable.

in console you can found following things:

Warning: GetPlayer() is deprecated. Please use ThePlayer instead. (@../mods/MinimapHUD/scripts/widgets/minimapwidget.lua:7 in _ctor)

Warning: GetPlayer() is deprecated. Please use ThePlayer instead. (@../mods/MinimapHUD/scripts/widgets/minimapwidget.lua:11 in _ctor)

whatever it was, thanks for making such interesting things for community. *internet five*

Hello, Rezecib. We cannot play Maxwell's Playgroung anymore because the version doesn't match.

Will you update it or just leave it there? Btw, thanks for giving us this awesome server map.

not load mod

Sorry, the version up here was a little out of date (I just updated it). It should've still loaded, though. You add the folder that contains the modmain.lua ("GestureWheel") to your mods folder in the game files, then enable it on the mods menu.

It gives me a Crashed on Last load so now it keeps saying 'To be Disabled' after countless times of me enabling the mod

Hey,i tried to enable it but all that came up in the console(Main menu console) was this 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6281a77bc50ab198ef21d8b98e58b00c.png

Edit:also GW is the folder name in case you were wondering
image.png.02be2dbe2a340f9fa9ff7105fc0f87c1.pngalso i found this so i don't why it doesn't work....

Edited by TheHacker

@TheHacker Gesture Wheel is DST-only (10 is the api version for DST).

Single-player doesn't have any emotes, so it wouldn't make sense to have the wheel for them (and porting over the emotes themselves is a bit hard, definitely outside of what I want to do with this mod).