• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

3 Screenshots

About This File

You can build a lightning rod on the ground and open it with the left key, planting after you pressing "Do" button ,

each will spend 10 gold, if you don't have enough gold it doesn't work .

5 kinds of plants can be planted.

The following:

GIVING=GETTING

twigs = sapling

cutgrass = grass

berries = berrybush

pinecone = talltree

acorn = talldeciduoustree

The bug:

If you planted berrybush you can not into them and get the berries.But i can tell you how to solve this problem.

The following:

Digging 3 or 4 of them like picture 2 then you can get the berries.

Have fun!

If you have any problems let me know about them!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 gold? Are you kidding me? How is that worth the trouble?

The price needs to be significantly reduced. Like, maybe 2 or 3 gold.

I agree.... 10 gold is way to expensive. But it's worth it.... Kinda OP as you only need 1 pinecone to build a pine tree fortress. Don't forget your axe or you'll be stuck.

When I seen this mod, I was kinda hoping you'd be able to plot out an area and as long as you had the resources (pine cones, saplings, etc) that we'd be able to watch them run around planting in that specific area.

But a good mod, just OP in an OP way!

I figured out a way to change the amount of gold it need... Scripts-prefabs-lightingrod.lua. Then ctrl+f to find "goldnugget"  change every 10s which are after those "goldnugget" to whatever you need and then save. 

Can you make another version, so it needs something like 40 cutgrass and 1 goldnugget to plant things? This would make more sence and won't be as OP.

Yeah, can you make a separate mod where the cost is dearer? Very OP however I like the idea and convenience of not having to worry about the item-placement UI. :3333

The cost of ten gold is more then fair, you should consider including a gem in the price too. If this is meant for early game then maybe just the gold. Nowhere else can you find such a large amount of resources in such a small spot in the game. Twigs, grass, wood, or berrys for food. This is a immensely helpful mod. I do hope you decide to update this further.

Ive encountered a problem that crashes the game. During rain, when lighting strikes it crashes. The only other mod I have that edits food is "files/file/215-infinitefoods/" by "tehMugwump". Im unsure if which is causing this. But it happens only when lighting strikes and yours edits the lighting rod.

Great mod, it should deffinetly be a must have for a longer game of Don't Starve.

I got glitch. When press "Go" game freeze, HUD disappear, only music continue until the switch application. Game need to relaunch. Also when put plants in the box its left empty. Hope you fix it.

P.s. vanilla DS RoG, no mods (4 testing)

Hey guy, this mod is awersome!!! It's helped me a lot, and use other mods that change drops plant , would be totally OP , the only thing that balances this mod is that we need rays for plants to grow , especially the tree , since are single harvest. Great mod , if you upgrade to more features , as accelerate the development of plants such as berries , would be great , since q they just need a load to be ready . But to do this , increase the cousto recipe and add one or two jewels , it would be totally op that.

10 gold? Are you kidding me? How is that worth the trouble?

The price needs to be significantly reduced. Like, maybe 2 or 3 gold.

It's not that expensive , since if you stay a couple of days in a biome stones can easily several gold lots .

I got glitch. When press "Go" game freeze, HUD disappear, only music continue until the switch application. Game need to relaunch. Also when put plants in the box its left empty. Hope you fix it.
P.s. vanilla DS RoG, no mods (4 testing)

Me too, i Cant put anything in, and when i press go game crashed.

• Like 1

Works perfectly so long as I stick to the list of things on here.  But was going to ask, is there a reason why if I approach the lightning rods while it's storming and lightning hits them, they glitch the game and crash it so long as their visible.  I had to use them, get the crops set up, and destroy the rod before the storms or avoid my base till after the storms were over.

I'm playing with the latest version of DS and RoG and was wondering if there's an easy fix for this glitch.

When press "Go" game freeze, HUD disappear, only music continue until the switch application........bla...bla.............

help!

.../mods/Auto planting/scripts/prefabs/lightningrod.lua:70: attempt to index local 'data' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        E:/DontStarve/data/../mods/Auto planting/scripts/prefabs/lightningrod.lua(70,1) in function 'onlightning'
        E:/DontStarve/data/../mods/Auto planting/scripts/prefabs/lightningrod.lua(124,1) in function 'fn'
        E:/DontStarve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(631,1) in function 'PushEvent'
        E:/DontStarve/data/scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(513,1) in function 'DoLightningStrike'
        E:/DontStarve/data/scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(577,1) in function 'OnUpdate'
        E:/DontStarve/data/scripts/update.lua(104,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen	

Please, update mate. ;(

Or somebody else, the code isn't very hard to debug I think.

Just use the rod, plant what you (in list only) need, then desactivate the mod.. So simple like that.. 10 gold its nothing, its to cheap, you only need 40 gold to have your garden FULL.. And you dont need to wait to grass grow, no need manure, same with berrys..

Do not use it when rainning, will crash on ligthing.. Do not try to plan any other thing, will crash.. Yes, needs an update, but works if you follow these rules :D

Compatibility: The mod can be used in the non-DLC version of Don't Starve alongside all DLCs; Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, and Hamlet

Plants and Trees that are Shipwrecked and Hamlet exclusive are unable to be used.

Instructions:

Press and hold one cut grass, berries, twigs, pinecone or acorn on the Lightning Rod and press the Do button to start the process. 

Warning: What this is doing is essentially spawning an autoplanted set piece (we'll be abbreviating it to ASP)and it will do it loudly, it will also be blocked by any entity or structures in the area where it is spawning the ASP, it will fill it in if the entity or structure is removed and ASP is still not completed, so be mindful if you want to keep a specific area clear. The berry bushes ASP will only generate the leafy bushes variant even if you harvest the bushy variant and use those berries. It s also prone to getting you stuck, though you can get out by wiggling vigorously. The deciduous and pine tree ASP will get you STUCK unless you chop them up because of how tightly they are planted.

Pressing the Lightning Rod with the left mouse button key WITHOUT ONE of the required items and will cause the character that you are playing to say "That's off limits". Furthermore, if you do not have ten gold nuggets in your inventory the ASP will not generate. Attempting to give the Lightning Rod ten pieces of gold will cause the character to say, "That's against the rules".

Crash Warning: It is essential that you DO NOT place lichen, or any of the mushrooms and activate the ASP. It will crash the game and give an error screen. Generally as rule of thumb, if the item is not specified in the description in the mod, it is neither recommended nor implemented.

Autoplanter Set Pieces.JPG

Berry Bushes Autoplanter Set Piece.JPG

Edited by Chest Burster