• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Backpack & Amulet Slot Mods .

3 Screenshots

About This File

Versions:

• Backpack
  • Amulet
  • Backpack and Amulet

NOTE: This mod does not support the small texture option.

NOTE 2: I've only updated the BackPack and Amulet mod. No point in doing anything less (IMO).

BackPad mod and BackPack and Amulet mod available. DO NOT ENABLE MORE THAN ONE!

These Mods add 1 or two slots in equip slot depending on the download.

So, now armor and backpack have different slots to equip plus Amulet.

A big thanks goes out to kiopho for the Amulet code!

Installation:

Double-click the downloaded mod. DRAG the enclosed directory into your dontstarve/mods directory and enable on the games Mod screen.

Again, DO NOT RUN MORE THAN ONE VERSION AT A TIME!

More info, link below :

Discuss this Mod

What's New in Version .   See changelog

Released

• Update to ROG
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ya, if you could update the backpack portion only, that would be great. i don't really want the amulet tab, and it appears the backpack only is outdated.

• Like 1

could you tell me how to remove the backpack slot in the amulet version?, i like having the amulet slot, not the backpack.

can you update amulet version ? Green and yellow amulet still dont works !!

Thanks for the tip, just updated!

Crashes when I choose Maxwell.

Just tested with Maxwell and works as expected.  Any other mods running?  Maybe grab the latest version of the mod just to check...

Maxwell01_zpsc9431ba5.jpg

Downloaded the amulet version and it works just like it's supposed to, but all the equip slots are black.

Downloaded the new version, crashes on world startup. Can you look into that?

Ran this about 50 times while writing and testing it.  Not one crash.  Did you see a specific error on the crash screen?

• Like 1

Can you add the backpack mod for Strange Powers? Please D:

Sorry, most everyone is on Nightmares now with the stragglers on Hunger.  Hunger will be pulled next update...

Can I ask why you're still on such an old version of the game?

could you tell me how to remove the backpack slot in the amulet version?, i like having the amulet slot, not the backpack.

Had some time, so I put together an Amulet version.  Enjoy!

Downloaded the amulet version and it works just like it's supposed to, but all the equip slots are black.

You're missing the slot images.  Make very sure you don't have any other slot mods loaded besides this one and double check the contents of: 

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods\AmuletSlot\images

You should have newslots.tex and newslots.xml

Also, make sure of the spelling and capitalization of the mod directory: AmuletSlot

Then perhaps shut the game all the way down and restart.

DontStarveAmulet_zps4d40e5de.jpg

Ran this about 50 times while writing and testing it.  Not one crash.  Did you see a specific error on the crash screen?

Crashes through the windows crash service, where it asks me to shut it down. I'm talking about the backpack only version. I could give you the "more details" screen, but other than that i got nothing. No other mods running, fresh world start, it crashes as soon as maxwell finishes his dialogue and the player attempts to stand up.

Crashes through the windows crash service, where it asks me to shut it down. I'm talking about the backpack only version. I could give you the "more details" screen, but other than that i got nothing. No other mods running, fresh world start, it crashes as soon as maxwell finishes his dialogue and the player attempts to stand up.

I can't reproduce this.  Are you sure you have the latest version of the mod?

Can you post your log.txt file here after a crash?  It's here:

"C:\Users\** yourID **\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt"

@MrKioFLow

on my computer, the backpack mod crash the game if low texture option is activated in game parameters. perhaps it's you problem.

I can't reproduce this.  Are you sure you have the latest version of the mod?

Can you post your log.txt file here after a crash?  It's here:

"C:\Users\** yourID **\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt"

Yup, latest version, fresh download. Im sending you a pm with the log, keep in mind usually i have more mods installed but moved them to make the log easier to read, but none of the mods were enabled at any time. 

@MrKioFLow

on my computer, the backpack mod crash the game if low texture option is activated in game parameters. perhaps it's you problem.

Ill check that out thanks

I'm also having my game crash when the backpack mod or the backpack+amulet mod are enabled, disabling the small textures option corrected this however. Mod admin maybe try testing with small textures enabled. 

This mod does not support the small texture option.  Klei changes the code from under us every 3 weeks (and get ready, folks, it's going to happen again next week), so it's way too difficult to work in the small texture options... sorry.

Hey Mug. Fixed it! I apparently was playing with small textures on; no wonder why it would crash. Everything works perfectly. Beautiful mod, simple and efficient. Love it.

Sorry for the misplace; but your Wolfgang classic mod is when they didn't apply the nerf on Wolfgang ver. of him, correct?